No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a mid-late '90s trans green PS4. The 9 serial indicates made in Japan, the 1 serial is made in Korea.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Or a mutt, as mentioned.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• I don't think it's a mutt but it could be. Everything checks out (correct tremolo, 24 fret neck, etc.) plus it comes with the Jackson OHSC. I just don't think he knows what he has- he is an acoustic guy. Anyways, I figure I can't go wrong for less than $200.00.

Comment

• Doesn't sound like a mutt.

Comment

• DKMG Trans Red with flame Maple Top.
            I believe it is made in 2009 (by checking the other serial thread).
            Purchased in 2010.
            Serial: 9845032

Black JS32T King V
            Purchased in 2011
            Serial: NHJ1015796

2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
            Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
            Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
            Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleRider View Post
              I don't think it's a mutt but it could be. Everything checks out (correct tremolo, 24 fret neck, etc.) plus it comes with the Jackson OHSC. I just don't think he knows what he has- he is an acoustic guy. Anyways, I figure I can't go wrong for less than $200.00.

The only reason I brought up it being a mutt was because the owner insisted it was not a ps4. And, well, mutts are a possibility.
              But, the truth is --- the owner could insist it is a 1979 Jackson built by Wayne Charvel. It doesn't make the owner correct.

I mean, just a few weeks ago, I was too slow on buying a DK2M that the owner had listed as a JS22. He was willing to part with it for $150 - the price of a JS.
              I did buy (and then sell) a DXMG that the owner listed as JS32.

People are dumb. People are misinformed. People are not informed. People tell lies.
              You're looking at a PS4 or a mutt regardless of what the owner says.

Comment

• You are 100% correct. It is amazing how many people don't know what they have. That is why I like to "ask the experts" like you guys because I know that I'll get the straight skinny one way or the other.

Comment

• And the only way to become an 'expert' is to ask, read, and learn.
                  I had bought a Jackson new, and had it for 25 years before I learned (by being here) that it was a Jackson Strat, and not a Dinky.

Comment

• NHJ10xxxxx is 2010, India.
                    9845xxx is probably 2010ish, Japan, though I've seen a lot of 98 numbers recently that have a body stamp of 2005ish???
                    I only have a theory on why this happened.

Comment

• Please Help. I purchased this Sweet RR1 Cobalt Blue Serial number U11206 have no clue year or if its authentic! PLEASE HELP!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by edub10304` View Post
                          Please Help. I purchased this Sweet RR1 Cobalt Blue Serial number U11206 have no clue year or if its authentic! PLEASE HELP!!
                          That number is for 2002. To post a pic you first have to use a photo sharing site such as tinypic, photobucket etc. and then copy the links here.

Comment

• did the pics not show up? they are showing on my laptop in the forum

Comment

• Nope, pics aren't showing.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• KV2 serial 602472, found in 95 & 96 catalogues.

nothing in the neck pocket or neck base except model number.

Dunno if anyones keeping US serials but if so, J8668 was manufactured 07/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X