No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *information removed because it appeared in google searches, and I had privacy concerns*
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 03-11-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• CMG concert MIJ, serial 9761923
      Anyone knows what month and year it is from?

Comment

• Sorry, I can't be more accurate than 2005-2006. If you remove the neck the year/month/day should be stamped in the neck pocket.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Verification?

I was told this is a 2010 DK2. Serial number:9851116
          I just wanted to verify this is accurate. I will probably buy this Saturday.
          Thanks.

Comment

• 2010 or quite possibly 2011. My DKMGT is 9853651 and its stamped 2011-June-13.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• 2013 Jackson JS32T Warrior #CWJ1301467

Comment

• DK2, Japan, 9661191

Tell me the year please

Btw sorry for opening a separate topic, just discovered this one.

Comment

• Btw, what happened with the database? The OP left?

Comment

• Not sure what happened. I think the original plan was to build a list of numbers confirmed by date stamps to assist people in dating their guitars. Very few confirmed numbers were posted. Understandably, many people are reluctant to remove their guitar necks. I've gone through the entire thread more times than I can remember and added the confirmed numbers and numbers from the OP's and Racer X's list to my list.

Comment

• It's strange that there isn't an official list somewhere, at least to show starting serial number of each year... Wonder if one could obtain it by contacting Jackson Guitars directly.

Comment

• I've heard rumours of people getting info on import serial numbers from Jackson but it seems most who've tried get no response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demon Seed View Post
                          It's strange that there isn't an official list somewhere, at least to show starting serial number of each year... Wonder if one could obtain it by contacting Jackson Guitars directly.

But then, you have to ask:
                          how is the dating related to the serial.
                          And even, what is the date that you count.

Many people here talk about ordering up their guitar and getting it 2 years later. So, what is the date you want to use? 01-01-2012 when I ordered it, or 03/03/2014 when they completed it, or 03/13/14 when I received it.
                          And all of the various parts; The neck was finished in June but had to wait until the body was finished to be put on in September, but it needed stamped so we would know where it was meant to go. The body actually had a horrible accident, so body part number 3150 doesn't match with the 3135 of the neck because they had to start with a fresh body.

So, its one of those situations.

Comment

• Here's an oddity, My RR PS-3T is a 2nd. The neck has a 2 stamped at about the 17th or 18th fret. Gotta be an even one now that I think about it, anyhow... The body had some cosmetic issues, not the neck. I wonder if the neck pocket is stamped as a 2nd?
                            Hmmm... may have to peek in there next string change.
                            Also the neck plate is on upsidedown. Was that a 2nd thing or just an oopsie?
                            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

• I personally haven't heard about any seconds being stamped '2nd' in the pocket or getting an upside down plate. Could be human error or a case of horseplay in the factory: "I think I'll put this one on upside down just for shits and giggles".

Comment

• Serial # 9781523 Jackson DKMGT trans red
                                Neck and Body stamped 12/2/2006
                                Serial # tracked through Fender lists mfg. date of February 2007
                                Gear :
                                2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
                                2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
                                1997 Fender Standard Strat
                                2011 Ibanez SR 500
                                2013 Peavey Bandit 112
                                2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
                                1985 Peavey Bandit Solo 65
                                Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

Working...
                                X