EERIE DESS Model 2...#2 Pic heavy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EERIE DESS Model 2...#2 Pic heavy...

A work in progress. This was a red Model 2 from 1987. First pic is the silver over blue pattern. Next pics are after the candies have been applied. No lacquer yet, waiting for decent weather. Hard to photograph, looks amazing in the flesh, the lacquer will make this come alive. Thanks again to Vera (24seven) for her hard work.

Last edited by SEAN RAF; 03-08-2009, 03:02 PM.

I always love to see her work, she is kick-ass. Great looking Model 2, man.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
      A work in progress. This was a red Model 2 from 1987. First pic is the silver over blue pattern. Next pics are after the candies have been applied. No lacquer yet, waiting for decent weather. Hard to photograph, looks amazing in the flesh, the lacquer will make this come alive. Thanks again to Vera (24seven) for her hard work.

I actually think it looks really cool just like this!!!
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Here's a reminder of her previous work. First pic is my other Model 2, then a Model 5 she did for a kid I used to work with.

Last edited by SEAN RAF; 03-08-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Stunning.
          Incredible.
          Wow.
          Really nice work there... love the spider/web dealie.

Holy shitski!!!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Very cool. I forgot about the M5, WOW!
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Amazin' work. Really beautiful...!

What lacquer are you using, by the way, SEAN RAF? I have completed two projects using Halfords car paint, and the clear coat just sucks.
              http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

that looks awesome! great work!
                “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

dude that looks even better than the ones coming from jackson. how did you do that?

Comment

wow, they are all stunning!
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                      What lacquer are you using, by the way, SEAN RAF? I have completed two projects using Halfords car paint, and the clear coat just sucks.

I think the lacquer is 2pack and it's sprayed using an air compressor and gravity gun. Vera hasn't tried using cans, but I'd guess they're really difficult to achieve any sort of even finish (drips, runs etc).

Comment

eerie dess

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                        Amazin' work. Really beautiful...!

hi everyone! haven't been on here for a while and then remembered Sean will put my work on here...!
                        I am using 2k industrial laquer, clearcoat....with the whole kit gravity fed gun and compressor, Sean is the one that spends the time buffing the finish up!!!

I have never used spray cans on the guitars i have done, suppose cause it comes out uneven...but having said that it is possible to use cans but the process would take longer as you will have to spend the time flatting back etc...

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                          dude that looks even better than the ones coming from jackson. how did you do that?
                          Wow that's kind of you to say that, and i agree with you!!!! )))
                          I was born to do art and i must say when Sean approached me years ago and said he always loved the eerie dess finish could i have a go at doing it (never done a guitar in my life until i met him)...sure I love a challenge....I must say you have to see the guitar in the flesh to see the paint work...
                          these i have done cannot be replicated to be exact, just not possible...and i must admit i enjoy doing them.

I also enjoy reading all your comments, keep 'em coming...cheers folks....
                          did i tell you all i had a baby girl? that's why i have not been on site....hard to get anything done these days, ha ha....

Comment

Originally posted by 24seven View Post
                            hi everyone! haven't been on here for a while and then remembered Sean will put my work on here...!
                            I am using 2k industrial laquer, clearcoat....with the whole kit gravity fed gun and compressor, Sean is the one that spends the time buffing the finish up!!!

I have never used spray cans on the guitars i have done, suppose cause it comes out uneven...but having said that it is possible to use cans but the process would take longer as you will have to spend the time flatting back etc...
                            I thought it was 2pak, cause it gives such a beautiful gloss...you must be using an air-fed mask or something? Don't you have to be really careful and be using it in a really well ventilated area?
                            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by 24seven View Post
                              Wow that's kind of you to say that, and i agree with you!!!! )))
                              I was born to do art and i must say when Sean approached me years ago and said he always loved the eerie dess finish could i have a go at doing it (never done a guitar in my life until i met him)...sure I love a challenge....I must say you have to see the guitar in the flesh to see the paint work...
                              these i have done cannot be replicated to be exact, just not possible...and i must admit i enjoy doing them.

I also enjoy reading all your comments, keep 'em coming...cheers folks....
                              did i tell you all i had a baby girl? that's why i have not been on site....hard to get anything done these days, ha ha....
                              Congrats on the baby girl!!!
                              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X