New guy with a Charvel Model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
    Not sure why the videos would say to use 9s only tho. Maybe someone will chime in on that.
    No idea what video was watched, but maybe they said something like "the trem is set up for 9's, so we'll be using 9's on this guitar..."

Otherwise, you can put any guage strings on a Floyd you want - you just have to adjust the tension and add/remove strings as necessary to offset the change in tension.

That said, I've tried all manner of string guages on my guitars - 8's to 11's - and I came back to 9's on my strat-style guitars - they just feel right to me.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      No idea what video was watched, but maybe they said something like "the trem is set up for 9's, so we'll be using 9's on this guitar..."

Otherwise, you can put any guage strings on a Floyd you want - you just have to adjust the tension and add/remove strings as necessary to offset the change in tension.

That said, I've tried all manner of string guages on my guitars - 8's to 11's - and I came back to 9's on my strat-style guitars - they just feel right to me.
      Sorry had to fire the stuff up for a bit and wake the GF up At least she can tell I'm improving and my sound also as to state it to me instead of bitchin' I woke her up :idea: Anywhoo it was the Ibanez video http://www.ibanez.com/videos/TremHowTo.swf

Comment

Rich,
        I just got my first X2N a few months ago from FirebirdV, and man oh man are they nice.
        I'm using it in my Warmoth mahogany body/Jackson USA neck mutt.
        Didn't take long to become one of my favorite pickups!!!
        I love mine too. It's all FirebirdV's fault.

Comment

I am thinking of putting a DiMarzio PAF pro in the bridge and a couple Area SC's. What do you think or has anyone tried a PAF Pro in the model series? I bought a all maple body Ibanez with a PAF pro and so far it's the nicest sounding pup I have heard in person but I gave that guitar to my son. I have some custom wound P90's coming though for my Gibson LP And will be ordering the Charvel pups next week probably.
          Last edited by RobV; 01-29-2009, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Sweet guitar... looks GAWJUSS
            Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

That is a sweet Model 4! Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Make sure the 9volt battery is fresh a thin or woofie tone tells you the battery is low.
                EQ your amp then add mid boost with the control to where you like it.
                10's are fine on an OFR you will need to re adj the spring claw a little to bring the trem level.
                The pickups are two J-200's and J-80 C or J-50 BC.
                Jackson pickups are passive.The J-200's will sound real dark if you remove the mid boost circut.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X