No announcement yet.

my $150 charvel avenger score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked mine up for $175 after it hung in a pawn shop for 10 years (that I know of) with a $450 tag on it. Must've been pawned when it was nearly new. Shame they did the Invader "route" with a butterknife.

A couple of pics (out of a bajillion ideas) of what I may do with it, if I ever get around to it:

|My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
      I picked mine up for $175 after it hung in a pawn shop for 10 years (that I know of) with a $450 tag on it. Must've been pawned when it was nearly new. Shame they did the Invader "route" with a butterknife.

A couple of pics (out of a bajillion ideas) of what I may do with it, if I ever get around to it:

thats pretty much what my plans were except i plan on goin with sharkfins. heres what it looks like now. its an ongoing project...probably wont even get it done within the year...

Comment

Was it budman here who did a Killer one that was just a one hummer? I think it was black or silver, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          Was it budman here who did a Killer one that was just a one hummer? I think it was black or silver, but I could be wrong.
          yup it was budman
          i searched for the thread but the pics arent showin up. and it was black with silver bevels
          Last edited by jdr94; 08-08-2008, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carless Walker View Post
            Funny you say that, I picked up an Avenger a while back in Tennessee I believe, that had been routed with a Dimarzio Evolution DP159 installed..... I have since pulled it and installed a Dimebucker.
            If it had Red paint undeneath it, that was my old one! It had a repaint in Black before I got it.

I sold it on ebay about 2 yrs ago maybe? Memory fails me ATM.
            I think it went to Texas, but Tennessee may be correct.
            Small world huh?
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              If it had Red paint undeneath it, that was my old one! It had a repaint in Black before I got it.

I sold it on ebay about 2 yrs ago maybe? Memory fails me ATM.
              I think it went to Texas, but Tennessee may be correct.
              Small world huh?
              Small world indeed, it is red underneath...

Comment

No shit, that's cool man! Now If I could only track down my old '87 White Model 3....

I got it from my buddy in a trade and me being a lefty, I never kept it.
                He wanted to fill in the neck pickup and scallop the whole fretboard but never got around to it.
                It was originally Red, and I'd say the Black was well over 5 or 6 years old at this point.
                I believe it was from Pittsburgh,PA originally.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven

Comment

Not sure if it still has them or not, but I put White RR pinstripes on it also, but they could have been removed by now...
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven

Comment

Working...
                  X