my $150 charvel avenger score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my $150 charvel avenger score

well it's been quite a long time since i have been on here, had a kramer addiction but found my way back to good ole jackson/charvel's check out this $150 steal from guitar center that those idiots had, they are really dumb, they just had charvel V on the tag, it's loaded with emg's also! and the made in germany schaller floyd.

don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Excellent Deal!

Why is it when I go into GC they have the shit way overpriced and they are dicks about getting to a realistic price? Must be why I never shop there.

Comment

nice score!!

Comment

Uh, that isn't a MiG Schaller. Well, it may be German, but it's a bastardized FRII Single Locker. They were thought to be junk. Replace it and you have a nice guitar for a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          Uh, that isn't a MiG Schaller. Well, it may be German, but it's a bastardized FRII Single Locker. They were thought to be junk. Replace it and you have a nice guitar for a fair price.
          yeah i noticed that but you're not totally correct one string is double locking

Comment

Great! You'd think GS would know better. Pawn shops are getting better at pricing these hidden treasures. It's time to go back to GS.
            JvicE

Comment

nice score. GC employees can't figure out charvels. I just bought a model A for $200 becuase the couldn't figure out what it was. ( and the really bad picture of just the body. oiled neck and ebony board for 200 please.

Comment

Just swap out 5 saddles and you're in binis
                There is also a thread around here from a Forum Bro who did an excellent job of fixing that route so a humbucker would fit in there nicely.
                From what I hear, the twin single coils leave something to be desired... but I can't say I've tried one myself.
                Nice score!
                Congrats...
                Last edited by nhspike; 08-06-2008, 05:16 AM.
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Here's the link to the modification of the bridge pickup route...

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ghlight=chisel
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Thanks for the link, I've got an Avenger and despise the two singles in the bridge but didn't want to start hacking on the body. I'll give it a try because it needs refin anyway.

Comment

I also had a Black Avenger, it was a 91. I routed it out for a DiMarzio Evolution and it really brought it to life. The only real prob. if you'd call it that is the pup will be angled, so you might have to fill in the mounting ring screws, and re drill so the poles line up.

Or you could also route it a little bigger and make it a direct mount.

I am thinking for some reason that 2 EMG SA's = an '89 so if you wire them in parallel they would technically be a humbucker, so no need for routing.
                      But I would ask someone to be sure.

Nice purchase, these were finely built guitars equal to the Model series, and the Jackson Imports. I love the Toothpaste Logo also.
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven
                      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I had one of those, and hated it. Wouldn't stay in tune, and the pickups sucked. Shoulda routed it for a humbucker and modded the trem. Didn't want to spend too much time on it, anyway since I didn't like how that body style likes to nosedive. Make those mods and you should have a need guitar, though.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

^ Off topic, but you were over at Laney Forum a lot, right? Do you know what happened to it? It's been dead for ages and I haven't been able to get hold of Kaz.
                          Why so serious?

Comment

Yeah, I was a moderator, there. I haven't been able to get hold of Kaz, the site owner, either. Dunno what happened. We still have The Laney Posse, though, of which I am also a moderator at, but I dug the Laney Forums, moreso.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                              I also had a Black Avenger, it was a 91. I routed it out for a DiMarzio Evolution and it really brought it to life. The only real prob. if you'd call it that is the pup will be angled, so you might have to fill in the mounting ring screws, and re drill so the poles line up.
                              Funny you say that, I picked up an Avenger a while back in Tennessee I believe, that had been routed with a Dimarzio Evolution DP159 installed..... I have since pulled it and installed a Dimebucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X