model help! (big pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dg View Post
    No idea what it is. Off-topic question: Has Ibanez made any full-size strats with the AANJ? I've only ever seen it on their more radical shapes.
    Not that I can think of. the trem looks Squier/generic budget guitar though, but I've never seen them on Ibanez.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      Not that I can think of. the trem looks Squier/generic budget guitar though, but I've never seen them on Ibanez.
      Some Squier bodies have an AANJ ... so that could be a possibility.

Dave
      Dave

Comment

Edited this because I didn't have my thinking hat on, d'oh.
        Last edited by Tim; 07-22-2008, 07:16 PM.
        Why so serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Is that control cavity mounted on top of the body? Looks like I see a shadow.
          I think it just looks that way because there's a screw missing from it.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the neck has no id, the neck pocket had no numbers before i sprayed it. the bridge is a gotoh replacement. the cavity cover is missing a screw. the guitar stays in tune ok but it sounds like crap, very dull.

there is a number in the trem cavity which i didnt paint over

its either 288093 or 788903

Comment

Probably a Squier Stagemaster or Showmaster. They use the same rear cavity route, and have an AANJ:

The cheaper ones also came with a cheap fulcrum trem. And some had an HS config.
              Last edited by Racerx2k; 07-25-2008, 09:42 AM.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

I think that its a model 1 body and neck and the neck joint has been altered. The reason I think its a charvel model body is because it looks like the pickup ring is too small for the stock holes as you can see the bottom holes still there. Model bodies used the large rings and if you use normal rings you will have 2 holes exposed like that. Either that or the ring is broken at the bottom, its hard to tell with the shadow effect.

Comment

i have a different pup ring on it and it is too small for the holes in the body

Comment

Working...
                  X