model help! (big pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model help! (big pics)

hi, a couple of years ago i bought this guitar. it came with a h/s pickup config, single volume control and lp style switch. (i have since filled the single coil and switch in).after much research i found out that the neck is most likely from a model one but the body is unknown. the neck joint is very odd because it looks like an ibanez one, but there are no ibanez' that have such a close to fender style body shape. i need to know if this could be a charvel body which someone has modified the neck joint.

No way to tell for sure. That is a San Dimas back plate shape which the models 1 and 2 had(I believe). They didn't have a H/S config though.

Comment

Model 1 I think, but don't know about the san Dimas.

If I recall Imports Model 1 had a square metal plate for bolts on, but this one seems to have an ibanez shaped bolts layout.
      sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

yeah i know the bolt pattern is different but what i was thinking was someone made it like that from the original square neck joint.

Comment

i think someone def. modded the neck joint cause if you look carefully you can see a hole in the bottom of the neck that indiciates a falt neck joint

Comment

Could be a parts mutt with a Charvel Model Series neck and an Ibanez body? That neck joint looks very much like an Ibaneze "All access" neck joint.

http://www.jemsite.com/jem/neckjoint.htm

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Well the 275 had a H/ /S config but it had a floyd (well mine does.) it had the JT6 originally. The first year of the 275 was a full strat body. then it changed to the dinky body. The neck is a model one as is the trem. It could be a modded 275 body with the holes plugged and a vint trem installed. The visable 4th hole in the neck is the correct location for the hole. But sinces it's a Charvel neck. It's no indicator to the origin of the body. But im still thinking 275. Control cavity looks correct.
              Gil

Comment

My vote is on a Model 1 neck on an aftermarket body.
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

Is that control cavity mounted on top of the body? Looks like I see a shadow.

You could always take off the neck. The model should be on the heel and the pocket (as long as it wasn't painted over).
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

looks like a Charvel route on the electronics cavity??

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Is that control cavity mounted on top of the body? Looks like I see a shadow.
                      I agree, Newc. My Model 2 has recessed cover plates, while these obviously sit on top. Based on my limited knowledge, I don't think it's an import "Model" body. As you said, it would have the ID stamp in the pocket, if it isn't painted over.

Two cents!!

Comment

Sharp looking axe, by the way!

Comment

Ibanez body due to the neck joint, or maybe a copy. Nothing really Charvel on it. Trem is wrong, neck joint is wrong, though it also does not have the correct control route for an Ibanez either. I'm surprised it plays right, as that neck is like trying to use a flat head screw driver in a Philips head screw; it will "work" but it causes headaches.

Comment

That electronics route has been used by many other manufacturers before. I have seen ESP, Fernandes, and others with that style. Not all exactly the same dimensions, but quite similar.

Comment

No idea what it is. Off-topic question: Has Ibanez made any full-size strats with the AANJ? I've only ever seen it on their more radical shapes.
                              Last edited by dg; 07-22-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X