No announcement yet.

750xl owners, what case fits???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my case, came with the 750XL I got 2nd hand. Not form fitted, but closes fine, fits well, protects well. Guessing it is made for a LP Style...?

http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Nice 750, it's a twin of mine. I am still on the lookout for a case that will work.
      750XL Cherry Sunburst
      375DX Metallic black
      Model 2 blue
      Model 2 Red
      USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
      USA Slime Green San Dimas
      MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
      Gibson Les Pauls
      PRS SC-250

Comment

Thanks Titan, I think they cherrybursts are very common, guessing that the factory made a lot of those types because I see them a lot!

You can just about see in that pic that I've put "guitar armor" on it. Didn't do the front, except for the top horn where guitars can get dinged quite easily. Rest of it is on the rear. Good luck finding a case!!
        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

just tried a g&g case. no dice

Comment

Ok I think I got one that works. I picked up a Gator deluxe ABS all fit, it works with a couple little mods. First is I got a Dan Markley black cotton cleaning towel and cut a 8"x8" square of it and place it on the bottom where the body rests, and also cut a thin section that fits in where the neck rests. Doing this raises the headstock point just enough not to touch the case inside. Doing this also helps support the neck and body.

Next issue is the top. I took a piece of 3 1/2" x 1/2" pine and use this to crush the foam in the case where the FR trem will come in contact with the top of the case. I also did this where the head stock rests. It sound scary but you can't notice it and the wood makes it look like it was form fitted. You can't really tell the foam under the soft liner has been molded but if you push down with your fingers you can feel that the harder foam under the liner has been shaped.

It actually looks like the case was custom fit for the 750 now. The fit was just a hair snug, but not like it's pressuring the guitar now. I don't like the black cleaning towels I have to keep in the case for support, but this is the only case I could find that would work, and I tried almost all of them. I can post some pictures if that would help.
            Last edited by titan7; 05-07-2008, 03:08 AM.
            750XL Cherry Sunburst
            375DX Metallic black
            Model 2 blue
            Model 2 Red
            USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
            USA Slime Green San Dimas
            MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
            Gibson Les Pauls
            PRS SC-250

Comment

pics

yes,post some pics please,we will be delighted to see