No announcement yet.

Model 6 ???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The model 6 is non-recessed, but the 650 is recessed.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
      The model 6 is non-recessed, but the 650 is recessed.
      Negative. The bridge on the 650 is definitely non-recessed (or "top mounted" if you will). However, it also has a pull-up route for additional pull-up range (just like on the Caparisons). The presence of a route does not equal a recessed bridge.
      Last edited by Sunbane; 11-15-2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

OK, I stand corrected. I had always considered that recessed, but with the true meaning of recess I guess that is not the case here.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, the early toothpaste neck-throughs were odd like that, but it's a really good bridge config that I wish more guitars had.

Comment

My model 6 is tuned 1/2 step down.
            EMG's sa/sa 81.

Neck switch is a PA-2 boost
            Middle switch turns both EMG sa's on
            Bridge switch turns EMG 81 on

Knobs are
            1-Volume
            2-SPC (mid-range boost)
            3-tone knob

Black Kayler and nut was replaced with chrome ones by me.
            I had to make a metal shim to raise the Kayler up alittle due to the neck angle.
            This was some times done according to the Kayler web site to keep the strings at the proper angle to the neck.
            I love to play this one, but I like my SL2H just alittle more.

Comment

I even prefer my Model 6 to Caparison TAT
              (I got Caparison because of non-recessed tremolo and because it close to modern soloist specifications - i.e. alder wings).
              Anyone has Model 6 with standard "floydish" nut? (Without any modification).
              Mine has "floydish" nut made by Kahler.

Comment

Some of the later '88 ones had that nut. A few guys here have them. For some reason, it seems like a lot of the ones with the Rainbow Crackle finish had it. Probably because they did that finish late in the run.

Comment

First digit after C on mine is 8 so it`s from 88, it has some type of lava cracle finish (non stanard - check link above).

Comment

Working...
                  X