No announcement yet.

First Pawn Shop Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Pawn Shop is where people bring in items for collateral loans. The usually never pay the loan and the store sells their stuff.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Wow great score! The white Model 3A is almost like my idea Model guitar in color and function, especially the 87/88's with the JT6 and no pickguard! Still on the lookout for one myself.

I think you are on to something with the Dimarzio Super III / PAF Pro combo for pickups as well. In the 3A it should blend well with each other and I certainly know the Super III very well in many guitars, it's a gem!

Comment

grea guitar,congrats

Comment

Thanks all y'all
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
            Just got back from practice, the pups have a lot of high end, too much for me. When I dialed in my rig with less treble I found the pups to be nice and tight, good metal tone. I am going to put in Diamrzios to match my other guitars though, when I switched to my Model 2 with a Super III it destroyed the Jackson pups. I think a Super III and a Pafpro would be good for this one, I am also going to put in a Fender super switch (if it fits easily) because this one cut out here and there while switching. I REALLY like the switching on this one, inner coils on pos 2 and outer coils on pos 4, very cool to have sounds like that from 2 humbuckers. Trem stays in tune great, I beat on it tonite playing VH. Cool guitar!
            For a neck pickup, I'd suggest the Air Norton as an amazing match for the Super 3.

Nice score. Pawn shops can be good!

Comment

Nice guitar! I also love pawn shops (bought 3 so far), but they are getting tougher to deal with these days because of eBay. A lot of them are now selling on eBay. I've even had them do a search and turn the screen around to show me what "one" sold for. I still offer them less, and they love cash (which they need for loans).

Comment

Working...
              X