First Pawn Shop Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Pawn Shop Score!

I've been reading about you guys getting great guitars in your Pawn Shop's so I headed down to Springfield this morning to check one out. Bad part of town, the shop was full of gang bangers and street peeps but on the wall I spotted this one! $225 out the door with a nice Alverez hard case! No visible fret wear, original pups and the super 5 way is killer! Goes nice with my white Model 2! Finally got a 3A!

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

dang it!! Where are those damn pawn shops near San jose?

Very nice guitar!! A BIG congrats!!
    Sam

Comment

Looks very clean...........Nice color too ............Great catch!

I wonder what the pawn shop had paid the poor seller for it........

Comment

Congratulations, that looks to be in fantastic condition and such a great price.

Steve

Comment

Very nice, I love the 3as. Congrats!
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Really nice score. Congrats.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks guys, just finshed the set up. I took apart and d40'd the trem, polished frets, oiled board, filed nut slots, no bar so I put on an OFR bar, intonated trem and done! The pups are bright and tight, sound good at home but the test will be tonite through the rig. Very happy with her!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Congrats man! The feel to the 3A's are great, I'm in love with mine!
                And judging by the price you paid, I REALLY need to go to the US on vacation for a pawnshop-shopping-spree!
                My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Cool!
                  I didn't realize Springfield had parts that bad.
                  That sucks
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

yeah course it does didn't you watch the simpsons??

boom boom

sorrry couldn't resist..........

That is one frickin nice guitar, the off white ones always look so damn good!!

Comment

Scully from the Simpsons is from Springfield, my bud Joe actually works for him!

Comment

Nice score man...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Excellent. But you already know THAT.:ROTF:
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

sweeet! Great colour (my fave on Models), great pickup config, just great all round
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Just got back from practice, the pups have a lot of high end, too much for me. When I dialed in my rig with less treble I found the pups to be nice and tight, good metal tone. I am going to put in Diamrzios to match my other guitars though, when I switched to my Model 2 with a Super III it destroyed the Jackson pups. I think a Super III and a Pafpro would be good for this one, I am also going to put in a Fender super switch (if it fits easily) because this one cut out here and there while switching. I REALLY like the switching on this one, inner coils on pos 2 and outer coils on pos 4, very cool to have sounds like that from 2 humbuckers. Trem stays in tune great, I beat on it tonite playing VH. Cool guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X