• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, you guys are smart. So, I guess the consensus is:

--made in Japan around 1986-1988

---model 1 or model 2

----NOT a piece of crap

I got it for $125 off eBay too.......obviously is plays like butter, but I had no idea this was a potentially vintage (in relative terms) guitar. woohoo.

Comment

You got it.

Comment

Comment

so here's a pic of the headstock too...I don't think the neck is swap out, because the nut is a kahler too.......not impossible I guess, but somewhat improbable.

what is this thing worth? and no, I don't want to sell it.....

thanks.

Comment

holy crap that is a deep scallop job, those are craters!!

how's it play in that area and overall?
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              holy crap that is a deep scallop job, those are craters!!
              +1!

Btw, does it look like the nut is factory mounted, or is there a small shelf under it? It's unusual that it would come with a Floyd style nut like that. Most of the Model Series came with a regular nut and a Kahler style string lock mounted on the headstock.

Comment

Cool man, my Model 2 is scalloped. If the neck is original then a modded Model 1, nice score!
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

in response to Sunbane, there is a shelf under the nut....so I guess the neck might be a swap out....

I bought the guitar with that not-so-subtle scallop......I scallop my basses and acoustics too, so it wasn't a big transition for me.....I'll admit, it looks pretty severe though...but for $125, not a bad deal....

so, it's a model 2 then????

Comment

Working...
                  X