What is it?????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it?????????????

I will post pics later today, but I will give a brief description now....

--the serial is 229500 -- Fort Worth TX
    --solid black color
    --Kahler "Floyd Rose" type trem with kahler nut
    -- it says CHARVEL on headstock (under it--it says "jackson/charvel")
    --one pickup configuration (I switched out the pickup to an EMG 60) with one volume knob
    --a maple 22 fret fretboard (that I scalloped)
    --tuning machines say "Jackson" on them
    --black hardware

Where ans when was it made? is it a quality guitar? if anybody knows, I would appreciate the info....thanks

It's a model 2; import model, made in Japan. The body is basswood, and if it has a Kahler fulcrum trem on it, then it's from 1986 (first year of production).

Btw, the original pickup in those (Jackson J90C) is really nice, so hang on to it and give it a new try when you grow tired of that EMG.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the board. Oh BTW, we know everything.
      Last edited by fett; 09-10-2007, 03:49 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        Welcome to the board. Oh BTW, we know everything.

....including where the cheap meat is
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Only I know that.:ROTF: It's my charm. But, for knowledge about C/J guitars, you have come to the right place.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Did they make Mod 2's w/maple fretboards?

Comment

they made model 1's with maple boards, and they can be modded fairly easily
              Out Of Ideas

Comment

It's either a Model 2 with a swapped neck (because all Model 2s had rosewood boards), or a Model 1 with with the v-trem swapped for a Kahler. The easier of the two would be swapping the neck, so I'd bet on that. Pics would definitely help, as usual.

Comment

Here's the '86 Charvel Import catalog, thanks to Henrik (jackson1):

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...orts/index.htm
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

herre's a pic:http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...b-695a60ae7c50

Comment

one more try:

Comment

Ahhh, that's not the Kahler trem we were expecting to see. The trem that the '86 Model 2 came with was the Traditional Fulcrum:

with narrow post spacing, so it's either a Model 1 that has been modded (look for the six screw holes from the original v-trem) or an '87 or '88 Model 2 that has had the JT-6 trem replaced and the neck swapped out. Can you get a closeup of the trem posts? Those sorta look like JT-6 posts, but the pic is a little blurry.

Comment

Is that a kahler Steeler?

Comment

the Kahler actuallly says "licensed under floyd rose", and "made in USA".

the mystery continues...........

Comment

Originally posted by rainman2112 View Post
                              the Kahler actuallly says "licensed under floyd rose", and "made in USA".

the mystery continues...........
                              Not a mystery at all. Kahler is an american brand, and as far as I know, all their units were a made in USA. This is one of their takes on the Floyd design, and they had to purchase a license from Floyd Rose to be able to build it.

Comment

Working...
                              X