How much are these two charvels worth? pics included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much are these two charvels worth? pics included

Seems like it... But in my defense, I am only as good as the info I've been given. The old MoAIP identifies all of the Charvettes as being made in Korea.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

A Charvette was a special order Corvette. It was designed in France. It was made with inferior materials and imported from Korea and sometimes Japan. It never really caught on because instead of being made of fiberglass like the Corvette, the Charvette was made of plywood and didn't stand-up very well in the rain. (What a dumb post) [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

LOL, nobody seems to have ALL the facts on the Charvettes. I'm not really going to be of much help either, but I'm bored so here goes.

I have a Charvette model 270. It is basically a cheapo Fusion. 24-3/4" scale, 24 frets, thin, fast neck, one hum, and 2 singles just like the one in the above picture. Mine had half decent hardware on it from new (decent sealed tuners, and a JT-6 trem). However the body is plywood. I have heard the rumours about the solid wood Japanese made Charvettes, but have never seen one yet. I have seen them with the "Made in Japan" sticker though.

A friend of mine has a 270 very similar to mine, except it has ultra-crap hardware, and the neck is nowhere near as thin as mine.

As for price, I would pay absolutely no more than $175 U.S for a Charvette, no matter what. It's not that they are complete junk, but the demand is low, and they sell on ebay all the time for $100 - $150.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
            LOL, nobody seems to have ALL the facts on the Charvettes. I'm not really going to be of much help either, but I'm bored so here goes.

I have a Charvette model 270. It is basically a cheapo Fusion. 24-3/4" scale, 24 frets, thin, fast neck, one hum, and 2 singles just like the one in the above picture. Mine had half decent hardware on it from new (decent sealed tuners, and a JT-6 trem). However the body is plywood. I have heard the rumours about the solid wood Japanese made Charvettes, but have never seen one yet. I have seen them with the "Made in Japan" sticker though.

A friend of mine has a 270 very similar to mine, except it has ultra-crap hardware, and the neck is nowhere near as thin as mine.

As for price, I would pay absolutely no more than $175 U.S for a Charvette, no matter what. It's not that they are complete junk, but the demand is low, and they sell on ebay all the time for $100 - $150.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See... The 270 isn't even in the old MoAIP files. I was that that this was a Jackson Fusion that some head-trauma victim swapped necks with a Charvette on.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
              I was that that this was
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">still suffering from that checkerboard graphic I see..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Jeez! I guess so!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I think the best way to tell where a Charvette was made is by looking at the 12th dot markers.

If they are close together it's Japanese. It they are far apart, Korean.

Or you could like it on fire. I believe the lower quality Korean plywood will burn faster while the Japanese hardwood will provide many hours of marshmellow roasting.

I think that toward the end of the Charvettes, they pretty much put whatever hardware, neck, bodies, whatever...to make a guitar. I've even seen Charvettes with a JT6.

Comment

Sold my vette 200 for 1/4 of the value of the used RR U.S.A.I got last February: pretty good deal i made [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] !
                    Can't tell serial but I'm pretty shure It was solid wood for It had a paint chip at the back wich alowed to see SOLID WOOD, NOT PLYWOOD.
                    It had a Super Disto & played pretty nice. The two singles were asolutly quiet.

Comment

yea vettes suck at least the guitars... if its plywood, its akin to an "agathis" esp... its crap. the model series has some great guitars, as far as im concerned they start and end at a model 5/6, but if you like bolt ons with 22 frets, you really cant do better for the price than a charvel model 3.

Comment

*cough* except a model 4 but no pickguard chances then...

Comment

I'll call you on that MrVodka. Not all Charvettes are crap, even with the plywood body. Mine is in pieces right now because I am refinishing the headstock, but for years, it was the first thing I picked up when I played. It has been dropped, and basically treated like a $10 whore, but has never let me down. Besides, the neck on it is like butter. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Now, I represent the "The Plywood Supporters Attack Group". Other than weight, plywood bodies can be just fine. When was the last time you shreddars (or is that cheddars) even worried about sustain? Or tone, for that matter. Plywood probably has, at least 50 or 60 good bashings; droppings; "I left it on the back-window shelf of my car."; drops in the pool, ETC. If you want a guitar that weighs 6 pounds, make the body out of styrofoam. Plywood has layers of history in those plys. It's just like what the executioner said, as the the poor bastard walked up to the guillotine: "I don't care what your body is made of, just as long as you have a good neck that I can play."
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                            X