No announcement yet.

Good "starter" Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dragon Knight, you're not the only Norwegian guy on this forum hehe.. I recently bought a used Japan-made Charvel for 4000 NOK, in the stores it costs around 10500 NOK, so that's under half the price (as it should be with used stuff I'm not sure of the model, but heck, I love it, especially the neck! So you CAN do a good deal here to sometimes, but I definately think the smartest is to look abroad, it's a helluvalot cheaper!

Ser deg vel på gitarnorge hehe

Rock on!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I got a Model 5 (neck-through) for $120...just needed a bit of TLC. Yes, they are out there!
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
        Hey Dragon Knight, you're not the only Norwegian guy on this forum hehe.. I recently bought a used Japan-made Charvel for 4000 NOK, in the stores it costs around 10500 NOK, so that's under half the price (as it should be with used stuff I'm not sure of the model, but heck, I love it, especially the neck! So you CAN do a good deal here to sometimes, but I definately think the smartest is to look abroad, it's a helluvalot cheaper!

Ser deg vel på gitarnorge hehe

Rock on!

Oh cool, Glad to see I'm not the only one who's into other stuff than Ibanez, Fender and Gibson

Henger ikke så mye på gitarnorge selv om jeg er registrert der, går mest i harmony central

Comment

I've had several guitars since I started out, Fender, B.C. Rich, Peavey, they all had something I liked of course, but I feel my Charvel has got it all, the right neck, pickups, looks, the ony thing I may change about is maybe installing a Floyd Rose trem instead of the one on it now, but I'm not even sure if I'll do that, I freakin' love it, now I feel like the young Van Halen everytime I pick up my guitar

Comment

That's the way it should be!

Hope that if I get a Charvel it'll be like that

BTW, I'm IntoTheVoid(HCGJ) on gitarnorge, started some serious spamming on kjøp og salg today, bwahaha..

Comment

if anyone knows of a (not overpriced) Predator please let me know!!
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Dang, I've got a Swede who's offering me a white Model 2 now. It is tempting fo sho!

Comment

See if you can trade in that Kramer Vanguard for it hehe (that is if it's yours and not a friend of yours, the ad on Gitarnorge wasn't to clear on that )

Comment

Oh sh*t, I didn't realize that my old e-mail adress is standing under my username in those ads. That's why it looks like it might be a friend selling, the addy I wrote in the post is the one I use now

Comment

There are quite a few predators/import charvels for sale on EBay if you wanted to go that direction. Personally, I would rather get to a 100 posts and spend your time here. That way, you could be sure to get one off a fellow JCF'er and feel good knowing that you are not going to get screwed.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

For "starter" Charvels, the Models will surely work, but don't forget the lower price range toothpaste logo'd MIJ Charvels either. I own a Fusion Deluxe and I've been very happy with it. Gotta love that Schaller floyd.

I got my Fusion off the German eBay for EUR 250. They're out there and accessible from Scandinavia, just bide your time...

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                          There are quite a few predators/import charvels for sale on EBay if you wanted to go that direction. Personally, I would rather get to a 100 posts and spend your time here. That way, you could be sure to get one off a fellow JCF'er and feel good knowing that you are not going to get screwed.

-Nate

Yah, I think I'll go with this approach
                          I haven't really got an eBay-account myself, so I have to get friends to help.
                          I prefer dealin with forumites via the forum, like I've done on kramerforums and HC

Comment

Here are two excellent Charvels to start with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mid-80s-Charvel-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
                            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
                            X