No announcement yet.

Model 6 from Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that color a standard white? or pearl? either way, you have a very nice guitar for the money!

i used to have one back in the 80's and traded it back to the store i bought it from for a u.s.a. jackson strat.

i was inches from buying another and was beaten by the last second on ebay! enjoy it, and post completion pics once it's done.

nice score!

Comment

Its a refin by a mate, i said white, but not glow in the dark white, so its kinda a cross between white and a vintage white, the pics make it look brighter.
      Should be finished soon, and ill be a very happy skippy!

Comment

ok, so the trem is with the guitar store, so should just be a drop in the new trem and out with the short block one.
        How long should it take to set it up? taking into account the pickup height and inotation? i would think a few hours, but no more than a day turnaround?

Comment

I don't know about shop turnaround times. Would take about an hour or so at home. Did you ask the shop how long they'd take?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

yea, well its kinda been alot longer than they said in the first place, due to parts and them changing shops, so now its just a crappy waiting period, i asked for the guitar back tomorrow, otherwise it'll have to be saturday till i pick it up, the guy said when i got my quote that it should take around 1-2 hours in shop time, if its not done tomoz ill be disapointed, i dont think a trem change over is that hard for someone who should know what they are doing.

Comment

Well its back, its done, its playing, i love it, better than i thought, here are the pics, have a look, let me know what you think!

Comment

congrats, man. Glad to hear you like it.

What's with that pickup ring? Is that a standard size ring? Budman here does oversized rings if you want one to fit your M6
                Hail yesterday

Comment

yea, i need to order one, but havent got around to it yet, seems so silly to just order a pup ring all the way from the usa

Comment

so order some funky custom backplates & trussrod cover while you're at it! And a bar for the trem
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I have the bar, and yea i might need the back plates, hmmm, maybe i will order, but another problem, i have no paypal account or credit card

Comment

Well I think Vitamin G already gave you the link

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

That's JCFer budman, he's a great guy and does great work, and ships internationally!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice guitar Matt. Turned out great, trem looks the part too. A Budman pickup ring would set it off, I have bought stuff from him before, including those pickup rings, he does top stuff for our guitars.

Comment

That looks hot. Cool project. Well worth of the trouble. Congrats!

Comment

update time!!

Had EMG's put into this bad boy to make it sing! 81 in the bridge and 2 SA's in the middle and neck!

Refret needed soon, ah, my model 6 is just too good to be true!

Comment

mmmmm. Nice. White.

I'll give you $250 for it......
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X