Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greatest Charvel guitar?

Originally posted by charvel750:
    Thanks, Gad, I knew somebody would post a pic showing the rosewood board. The Soloist XL differed from the Soloist Pro in three ways: it lacked the ebony board, it lacked the active electronics and covered Jackson pickups, and it had a chinsey matching headstock with no pearl inlay on the logo. Thanks for coming to the rescure on this topic bro!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What about the Soloist XL Professional? Didn't exist either, right? Do I need to post pics of this too?

Comment

Gad, that's a dark rosewood, Ebony won't have the deep grain that I can see in that neck.

Comment

Wow that was quick! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

But was it necessary? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Did I miss something, or did he just get banned for arguing about the wood used in a fretboard? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Gad walked the fine line and fell in. I think we all know the Soloist XL Pro was a VERY different guitar in comparison to the Soloist Pro. Even the least educated members of the Japanese Soloists could see that. And he proved it on himself. Too bad, no one was looking to but heads, only to provide the truth. Sometimes, the truth hurts and cannot be handled, thus the elimination of another Dross-like character.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

My new Charvel "Fusion Custom" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Got yer back, Joe! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

750XL!!!
                  13 years of heavy use, and it still stays in tune for months.

Head and shoulders above the rest!
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by mariner99:
                    Did I miss something, or did he just get banned for arguing about the wood used in a fretboard? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A different issue.

"these aren't the droids you're looking for" [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[ August 20, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                      The model 6's necks vary from year to year I have an 87 that is dead on soloist.I had an 86 that was thinner it played great also but I had a model 5a that had a real chunky c shaped neck that played like a boat oar but it had tone out the wazoo a very dark tone with the j95 pickup.The 90's toothpaste logo guitars have some of the best playing necks but the hardware seemed to lack in quality the pickups were cheezy sounding.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with you Richard; I used to own a pearl white 1987 Charvel Model 6, and it was a Soloist in Charvel clothing; about a year after I bought it, I was in the recording studio doing an independent album, and a buddy of mine from another band loaned me the use of his Soloist and his very early Randy Rhoads USA select for my lead tracks, and I have to say that my Model 6 felt and played identically (IMHO) to the Soloist; The Rhoads played and sounded the best out of all three however, I must say. I don't think Charvels felt the same or quite as good at all after the 'toothpaste' models came out. Damn, I really wish now that I wouldn't have sold that Model 6, cause it seems like demand for them from that time period has gone up a lot in the past 2 oe 3 years. But hell, I bought the damn thing for about $1,100 (with hardshell case), back in 1987 brand-new, so they really weren't all that much cheaper than the USA Jacksons, from back then... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I own a Charvel model 6 from 86, and it plays like a dream.
                        Very similar to a USA Jackson 87 Soloist i once owned.
                        It´s got SD pups, and the Kahler nut is replaced with a Floyd.
                        Stays in tune forever, and sounds soo good!
                        The white finish on it just gets better with age!

//Jonzkij

Comment

> My vote,which will probably be echoed by the 2-hum fans here,is the Model 5. The Model 6 with the JT-6 may play a little better or feel nicer with the binding,but I have never seen a guitar with the HSS pickup route that would allow the middle pickup to be completely out of my way,so I always chose the HH versions. On the other hand,I'd kill for a nice yellowed Model 6 with a Floyd,with fresh frets. Tommy D.
                          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

'86 model 6 w/kahler trem
                            model 4 then the 475
                            my dream is to one day find and own a real lefty model 6 or 4

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                              The model 6's necks vary from year to year ...
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not only year-to-year, but even within the same year. I have 3 Model 6's in black, red, and white - all '87s. The neck on the white one is noticeably thicker than the other two, with the black one feeling the thinnest (or maybe it's just perception - that guitar has mojo! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ). The model 6 would get my vote, but I still seem to frequently pick up my model 4 for a near perfect fit (for my hand).

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                                I guess no one yet will agree with me on my vote for the 750, perhaps many have not yet had the chance to sample that one... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The 750XL is the only Charvel I have ever played, so I would have to agree with you, the 750XL has the best Charvel neck I have ever played [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X