• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greatest Charvel guitar?

Originally posted by limbo:
    Simply stated 80's Models 1 2 3 4. Forget the
    toothpaste logos.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

oops......and yes, the 5's and 6's! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hey, waddyaguys mean, "forget the toothpaste logos?" Everyone who has one knows the Charvel 750 is the finest Charvel ever made, USA or not. The neck is exquisite and the guitar oozes tone.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by john:
          for a toothpaste logo (which i think play/feel alittle better), then go for it! Just remember that if you treat these kind of guitars well, they'll never die!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I concur. The 475 I had for years was a real quality piece.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My favorite necks that I have ever owned are in this order:

1. Charvel 650 Custom(tooth-paste logo)
            2. 1986 Charvel Model 4(with the Kahler trem)
            3. early-mid 1990's Professional Series Stealth(THE final word in thin necks)

I have a Model2 neck, but it is waiting to be put on a project guitar, so I have never played it properly set up.

Comment

MODEL 2 without a doubt, but my 1992 Model 475 Desert Crackle with active electronics, Schaller Floyd, Ebony bound board with sharkfins makes me wanna make love to it.

Gad

Comment

Originally posted by Gad:
                but my 1992 Model 475 Desert Crackle with active electronics, Schaller Floyd, Ebony bound board with sharkfins makes me wanna make love to it.

Gad
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ebony board on a 475? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                You sure?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No ebony board on any Japanese Charvel. Might just be excessive dirt you're looking at, you know, hiding the rosewood underneath! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess no one yet will agree with me on my vote for the 750, perhaps many have not yet had the chance to sample that one... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The neck on my Model 4 looks like ebony now. Finger grease is better than lemon oil [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The best neck I ever played was the SRV profile from Warmouth. It just fit my hand perfectly.

[ August 14, 2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

To me it would be my San Dimas Strat head
                      Then my 750XL and then my Charvel Fusion Custom desert crackle.
                      Then the model 6, then my CX392 then the model 3
                      although the last 3 are very similar. They all play great.
                      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                        No ebony board on any Japanese Charvel. Might just be excessive dirt you're looking at, you know, hiding the rosewood underneath! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess no one yet will agree with me on my vote for the 750, perhaps many have not yet had the chance to sample that one... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? Then my Soloist XL must be cross breeding withh African woods too. I've heard this argument before. They are Ebony, no doubt about it.

Gad

Comment

Rosewood does come in darker grades. Could be that the ones that caught your eye are of the darker variety.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

I purchased several guitars while in Japan serving in the Army. I was told they were made for the Japanese market. They have several guitars made over there that are not sold in the US. Most manufacturers do this. I spent 4 years in Korea and owned a couple Fender Strats that were not Squires and were of better quality than the Mexican made and other Korean made Fender's.

One rule to always remember when deal with guitars, there are no rules. Even Gibson and Fender didn't keep exact records. And Jackson/Charvel is not even close to keeping good records.

Is there not a Japan Custom Shop? I could swear I read something about the first letter in a serial number denoting Japan Custom Shop.

I'm aware that there are several different types or Rosewood and Ebony for that matter. It’s also grown in different places. I also own a guitar business and have been dealing in Ebony and Rosewood necks for decades. But I guess I could be wrong, so for the sake of causing a ruckus lets just say they are mystery wood.

Gad

Comment

A Soloist XL is technically a Jackson, not a Charvel. But anyways, when I lived in Japan it seemed they had many MIJ models of all sorts of guitars, including Jacksons, that are not available here in the US. I would believe that you could find an ebony board Charvel over there, or just about any other guitar oddity. As for a Japanese Custom Shop, I think that the JCF should sponsor a trip for me to go to Japan and look for it. Or at least call Jackson and ask them.

Comment

I have a Japnese made Jackson that is supposedly from the Japanese Custom Shop as well. I baught it new in 92 from a friend who owns a music store. And he said he ordered it that way which wopuld make it a custom shop NO? It doesnt have the usual opointments of a typical production midel. Finish is custom and so is the flame top and the pups.
                                A deffinitive answer would be great. He Kevin Easton have you heard or seen anything of this Japanese custom shop?
                                Inquireing minds want to know.
                                Gil

Comment

Working...
                                X