anyone recognize this charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone recognize this charvel?

One more thing, my predator has a recessed heel on it like you guys were talking about. Does that mean anything?

Comment

The special is or was what I consider the "budget axe" of the fusion line. It's lacks the heel recess of the neck pocket and the higher end pickups.[/QB]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No recess, but the heel is shaved down

Comment

Yours might have the single locking trem as well.
        The bridge is string thru with fine tuners and the lock point is at the nut. I don't recall what bridge this is.. anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
          Yours might have the single locking trem as well.
          The bridge is string thru with fine tuners and the lock point is at the nut. I don't recall what bridge this is.. anyone?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, The Floyd Rose II was such an abomination.

A very poor design.. the ball end of the string would rotate, causing tuning instability.

Thankfully, the Floyd Rose II became a true double locking unit a year or so later although it still suffered from poor materials and workmanship.

[ July 01, 2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Yeah, you're right, it only locks at the nut. The strings feed in through the back and the ball end goes behind the saddles. It's not feed through the body or anything. On the comment about abominations? I don't know. It's made by Schaller. I have never had a problem with it, but I use the bar only moderately. Someone who uses it all the time (ie, Kerry King) may have a problem with it. I still love it!

BTW, thank you guys for all of the responses. This is truly an awesome board.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Huh??? I'm sorry, I'm hypnotized by Hotrodder's avatar... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

All that matters is what you think, although if you replace it with even a JT500, you will notice a big improvment, not only in tuning stability, but sustain and tone.

Just remember, that type of trem is normally found on the bottom of the barrel guitars from the 90s.. I mean, even Charvettes had better trems.

Again, it's really only my personal judgment, so file that in the appropriate recepticle. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder if graphite would work well in the ball end to keep them from twisting. (you could always change the name to the dominatrix bridge.. or how about the nut crusher bridge) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                    Huh??? I'm sorry, I'm hypnotized by Hotrodder's avatar... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X