anyone recognize this charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone recognize this charvel?

Hey that blue one above looks just like my other Charvel I was talking about, the 275? BUT.........Mine has 24 frets not 22! These are all made in Japan right?

Comment

Oops, there are differences, my volume knob has numbers on it...also my bridge pickups are side-by-side single coils, that looks like a humbucker, but the color is the same.

Comment

Rabbit, you have a Fusion Special, similar to the 275, but w/ 24 frets and charvel singles w/ two combined as a Hum in the bridge.

The Predator had a rev headstock.

Comment

erm.. Rabbits guitar HAS a rev headstock, AND is 22 frets, Dinky body.. ergo Predator.

It's Tommy's guitar which has us all confused..
          which has a sculpted heel, 22 frets, normal headstock, strat body, toothpaste logo.

Although regarding the previous pic,I didn't pay attention to the headstock. Which, incidently makes Doc's guitar all wrong for a predator.. UNLESS the body and neck were changed at some point and the name kept.

It does seem to be the same guitar though, whatever it's called. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by the_satanic_rabbit:
            Oops, there are differences, my volume knob has numbers on it...also my bridge pickups are side-by-side single coils, that looks like a humbucker, but the color is the same.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2L2O... This is what he's referring to as a Fusion... You are correct though that the strat with the heel scallop is quite an enigma.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Umm... I'm not saying that this is the definative answer, but it could be..

Look at this pic, its from DOC's site and hes got ALOT of Charvels.. he says its a Predator.. He's usually right.

DOCS GUITARS

Now, this guitar matches Tommy's guitar exactly, from what I can see.

It also has the same config as the predator pic I have from the Jackson sales folder.

Only difference?.. a Dinky body.. So it's certainly possible the body was changed from one year to next.

DOC? You have anything to say on this????

[ June 25, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Sorry folks.. I was refering to the very first post with the pic, and then Tommy's post about his..

I missed the second "Rabbit" guitar post. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Never mind, I'll go back on the meds. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm looking at a '89 Charvel catalog right now and that is without a doubt a 275 Deluxe.

The rest of the line has dinky style bodys, but the 275 has a strat body with a scooped heel.

Comment

Then the line was changed the following year.

(See my Blue 275-DLX pic abouve)

and 90-91 cat. page

\

Somebody end this thread before it becomes a tradition [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[ June 26, 2003, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Ok, since mine is different I will post a pic so we can figure out what it is for sure. I love this guitar!

As you can see, the volume knob looks odd, as it is transparent with numbers on it. The middle pickup is the Ducan little screamin demon that I put in, and the trem bar is a replacement, as it is chrome and not black like the rest of the hardware. 5-way pickup selector, the other pickups are original and have the Charvel with guitar logo on them.

Comment

Oh, one other thing...I don't have a scooped heel, but notice how the one cutaway region has a scooped out area on it, right where the body joins the neck at fret 22 and then down to just between the 24th fret and the neck pup.
                        In the picture it looks like the entire cut is down that far; that's just the end of the scoop, it looks that way because of the shadow.

Comment

Ok, mystery solved I think.

Look at this.

I know the pic is hard to see, but the description matches up perfectly..

Quote:

"Three narrow humbucking pickups.. 2 side by side at the bridge, 1 at the neck position.."

You can just barley see the lower scooped horn.

This HAS to be the guitar.. a 90-91 Fusion Special.

No arguments.. I can't take it anymore.. just a gree with me. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree I agree! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Do you have any idea how much one of those went for back then, and where it stands as far as quality? Because it plays great!

Comment

Alrighty then.... Mine is an '89 275 deluxe... I'm sticking with that...
                              Thanks Hotrodder, 2Loud, Tekky, Johno and all others for the education...
                              Sorry about hijacking the post Satanic Rabbit - sweet Fusion you got there - love that blue
                              I'm gonna go lay down now... [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                                Rabbit, you have a Fusion Special, similar to the 275, but w/ 24 frets and charvel singles w/ two combined as a Hum in the bridge.

The Predator had a rev headstock.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As I said..

The special is or was what I consider the "budget axe" of the fusion line. It's lacks the heel recess of the neck pocket and the higher end pickups. It essentially has the same neck and hardware as most of the other fusion models save for the custom.

Comment

Working...
                                X