• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Super clean Model 6 in black cherry

You got pm. Nick.

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Been thinking of adding a model 6 to the arsenal. Whats everyones opinion on the mini toggles as opposed to a blade selector?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Beautiful guitar. Been thinking of adding a model 6 to the arsenal. Whats everyones opinion on the mini toggles as opposed to a blade selector?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally prefer them. You can turn the whole guitar off between songs with a flick of a switch [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I prefer the switches, too. I've got a project Dinky in the works where I'm having the five-switch filled in and three on/off switches put in place. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The switches suck if you quickly want to switch between, let's say "only bridge" to "only neck", because it would take some practice to get that maneuver down. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But I've found that I actually like them too. It's like an individual kill switch for each pickup - pretty versatile really.

Comment

I like them too. It takes a while to get used to them, but I've had so many guitars with them, that to me it's a non issue.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Congrats on a sweet guitar and a heck of a score. My '86 model 6 will always be my #1, I love it!

As for the switches, I do like being able to turn the guitar off between songs like sanctuary said, and it makes the on/off toggle trick (a la Rhoads, Morello, etc.) easier. But I also agree with sunbane that it's a little tricky going back and forth between the bridge and neck pups quickly. But overall, I like them.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                X