No announcement yet.

Pawn Shop Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-edit- WTF? Jesus, I just wasted my time digging up a scan for the 275 Deluxe for the guy, and now I see it's a 2 year old thread.:ROTF:

The "tool kit" is an allen wrench holder for the floyd rose tools.
    Last edited by dg; 03-06-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Thread necromancy!

Comment

you can't spell necromancy without romance...
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          -edit- WTF? Jesus, I just wasted my time digging up a scan for the 275 Deluxe for the guy, and now I see it's a 2 year old thread.:ROTF:

lol that's too funny!

Comment

Oh and I'm still waiting on some pics!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post

where do you get those,

i want one

Comment

Allparts has them. Their site is weird and it won't let me link directly to them, but here's the site:

http://www.allparts.com

If you enter "wrench holder" in the search, it'll give you both black & chrome.

Comment

UPDATE! Lots of Photos!

OK, I realized that this is an old post. I never posted any detailed pics of my Predator. I've done some more work on the Predator and thouht I would share them with you.

Overall front view:

Body. Note the black Schaller straplocks that I added:

Controls: I added coil taps and a phase switch and a tone control. I had moved the vol control to the rear but I really needed a tone control so my tech moved the vol back to it's normal position and wired in a tone pot & and a .047 cap.

Here's the Schaller bridge:

The nut was missing the screws and clamps so they were replaced:

Here's the headstock with the toothpaste logo:

I located the proper holder for the allen wrenches and installed it:

The neckplate:

I still need to locate a back cover for the trem area:

The guitar sounds great and is fun to play. I've learned to use the vol knob so close to the bridge and with a tone control with the split coil switches it's a very flexible setup. Not bad for a $100 guitar!

I'd like to really date the guitar but Fender has no data for these guitars. Any idea what year this guitar dates from?

My Charvel is very happy that it is no longer hanging in a pawn shop!
                  Last edited by aoresteen; 10-21-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

around 1990

Comment

that looks great for 100$!

Comment

Thanks! I am wondering if it is a Model 275 instead of a Preadator. Did all Predators have a reverse headstock? If so then mine must be another model.

Comment

Originally posted by aoresteen View Post
                          Thanks! I am wondering if it is a Model 275 instead of a Preadator. Did all Predators have a reverse headstock? If so then mine must be another model.
                          It's not a Predator. That trem is a single locking. And no recess for the trem spring backplate? Odd.

Comment

It's a '90 or '91 275.

Comment

See what happens when you don't post pics.... it takes over 6 years to ID your guitar....
                              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                                See what happens when you don't post pics.... it takes over 6 years to ID your guitar....
                                Yup!!! I kinda lost track of time with two tours to Iraq, 3 moves, and a bunch of Squier guitars that infiltrated my house....

I did a lot more research into the Predator, 275, and Dinky Charvel models. The pictures of the 275s I could find all showed pickup rings around the bridge pickup. Mine has no pickup ring and there aren't any screw holes showing that it had been removed. The Dinkys looked closer but not quite. Then I found this fantastic site:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/photos-sublinks.htm

Looing at the 1990-91 Charvel catalog I found my guitar on page 13:

The catalog states '..has been redesigned for 1990 with Charvel's own "Dinky" body..." which is why it has some features of a Dinky.

Mystery solved!

So thanks to all who helped and to DG who called it.

Now to update my insurance listings!

Comment

Working...
                                X