Pawn Shop Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn Shop Charvel

Hi! While vacationing in the Keys last week I stumbled accross a Charvel guitar that needed some TLC. I assume that it's made in Japan but there's nothing on the guitar that indicates where it was made.

It has the large Charvel logo on the headstock, which is the style of the 80's Jackson's I've seen.

Serial # is 362xxx. I assume it's a 1990 or 1991.

It has two Dimazio pickups and a 5 position switch. It has a Schaller trem unit that is licsened from Floyd Ross.

The guitar was unstrung when I found it and the wireing was all hosed up. I re-wired it putting in a 3 position switch and 3 toggel switches - coil taps for each pickup and a phase switch. Now the guitar screams!

I also moved the vol control back behing the bridge. I didn't like it next to the bridge pickup.

Can anyone tell me what model Charvel this is? WHat year is it?

I also need to get the tool kit that mounts on the back of the headstock, a new rear trem cover, and a hardshell case.

Where's the best place to get parts for the Charvel?

Thanks!

Oh, how do you post pictures to this forum?

Re: Pawn Shop Charvel

Is it a bolt on or neck-thru? If it has the toothpaste logo then it is probably an 89 or later.

I use photobucket for hosting pics. Just copy the image location from the properties menu and when you make a post, click on the "image" button and paste the address in there.

Comment

Number of frets, inlays, bolt on? Need more info, newbie!
      Sounds like a toothpaste Charvel.
      Check out Bytrix's post in General...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks!

It is a bolt on neck.

22 frets.

Dot markers.

Rosewood fretboard.

Comment

375 or 475. Did it have an active mid boost?

Comment

More info.

The neck & logo are exactly like Bytrix's post in General. I guess this is a "toothpaste" Charvel.

The guitar had only a single vol control, no mid-range boost.

It has a DeMazio stacked "single" coli strat type pickup at the neck (it is in fact a stacked dual coil DiMazio).

The bridge pickup is a humbucker (no cover). It's not marked but I assume it's a Di Marzio; the wire colors are DiMarzio.

Did the 375 come in a two pickup model? All the 375's I've seen are tripple pickups.

Many thanks!

Tony

Comment

It sounds like a Charvel Predator to me. Great guitar!! Criss Oliva used them, didn't he?

Comment

reverse headstock? If so, then probably a predator-bitchin guitar!

Comment

What is the body style / shape?

Hurry up with the pics.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    It sounds like a Charvel Predator to me. Great guitar!! Criss Oliva used them, didn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Criss used Predators and a Predator/Legend mutt.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

The body style is like a Strat. The headstock is not reversed; it is just like Bytrix's post in General.

I'm working on getting the photos posted.

Tony

Comment

I looked on-line for some pics of the Charvel Predator.

That's what mine looks like EXCEPT the headstock is NOT reversed.

Also, there is NO bezel around the bridge humbucker and no screw holes so I don't think one was ever installed.

I love the neck!

Comment

the Predator is an awesome guitar, Tommy Victor of Prong used one on the BEG TO DIFFER and PROVE YOU WRONG albums, and I remember seeing him use them live, then he switch to those goofy-looking Surfcaster models...

Comment

No bezel and 22 frets, H/S/S,single Vol,

or was it Hum single?

did it have the coil taps or did you put the mini switches in yourself?

Is the bridge pickup at an slant/angle or straight on?

Here look thru the '90 catalog and see if you spot it,
                            Jackson '90 line

Comment

what is the tool kit that mounts on the back of the headstock?

Comment

Working...
                              X