$700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    Excuse me. Fusion Special. Right church wrong pew. So close to a 275 Deluxe other than the number of frets I get confuseled... It is what it is and again IMHO not worth anything close to 700 bucks but certainly worth more than 200 bucks in today's market.

Like old battle rifles cheap scores are getting harder and harder to come by...

https://www.axebition.com/electric-g...fusion-special

The below is what I was thinking of when I made my original post. The Contemporary series can be confusing as hell sometimes.

https://www.axebition.com/electric-g...-fusion-deluxe
    well you were right about that and i was wrong. Mine must have been a later year. I didn't say either was worth 200. I said 350.for a 375 and I would bet you money there is a 375 deluxe out there for around that price. Nothing is selling for the listed prices. That's why the same stuff is always up on ebay. If they put it up for bid it would be gone, but they would be very upset. Thanks for showing me that the earlier ones had the crap staggered pickups and a single slanted pickup.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

well you were right about that and i was wrong. Mine must have been a later year. I didn't say either was worth 200. I said 350.for a 375 and I would bet you money there is a 375 deluxe out there for around that price. Nothing is selling for the listed prices. That's why the same stuff is always up on ebay. If they put it up for bid it would be gone, but they would be very upset. Thanks for showing me that the earlier ones had the crap staggered pickups and a single slanted pickup.
      I'm amazed at how high some of the stuff is listed. Most stuff I see listed in the Model and Contemporary for 450 to 550 seems to sell quick as hell. Of course the Model 4 and 6's and 3DR and Predators are bringing a premium over that but then again we don't see as many of those for sale either especially the 3DR and Predator.

Comment

I'm amazed at how high some of the stuff is listed. Most stuff I see listed in the Model and Contemporary for 450 to 550 seems to sell quick as hell. Of course the Model 4 and 6's and 3DR and Predators are bringing a premium over that but then again we don't see as many of those for sale either especially the 3DR and Predator.
        You mean like this model 6 and rainbow crackle predator. i kind of feel like selling some stuff but then I catch myself and say this is an addiction. Yeah I've had or have a 4 and 3dr which just where the predator came from.

model 6 and predator.jpg

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

You mean like this model 6 and rainbow crackle predator. i kind of feel like selling some stuff but then I catch myself and say this is an addiction. Yeah I've had or have a 4 and 3dr which just where the predator came from.

model 6 and predator.jpg
          Oh yeah.

I've had a couple of twinges about testing the market on a few guitars. After having sold everything once 10 years ago and then rebuilding the collection back up over the past year and a half I figure I had best stand pat. One thing that amazes me is how much the market has dried up and pricing has went nuts from even just 10 years ago.

Comment

Oh yeah.

I've had a couple of twinges about testing the market on a few guitars. After having sold everything once 10 years ago and then rebuilding the collection back up over the past year and a half I figure I had best stand pat. One thing that amazes me is how much the market has dried up and pricing has went nuts from even just 10 years ago.
            Yeah, I have some things that you don't see EVER that I could throw out there and they are mint.

But again I'd never be able to replace them.

I'm pretty much to the point where i don't know or forget that I actually have this or that. So, even though this site really makes you wanna get stuff or sell stuff. I'm pretty much done buying or selling.

I'm only going to come on here and check stuff out and if I can help someone ? i'll do so, may not always be right. But I'll still chime in and if Im wrong thats great, I like to learn too and it's not like the old days when 20 people knew what something is or how to do stuff to their guitars

Not gonna girl fight though lol.

Last edited by john.w.lawson; 07-03-2021, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I saw her ad again, she dropped it down to $500. If I had the cash I'd offer her something when she drops the price again. They are good guitars, the necks play really nice.
              8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

No, a fusion deluxe have three pickups and none are slanted
                Late to the party but the Fusion Deluxe had a humbucker in the bridge and a single slanted single coil sized rail humbucker in the neck. At least in 1990 going buy page 18 in this catalog.
                JacksonCharvel-1990-91-catalog.pdf (ctfassets.net)
                The Fusion with three pickups was the Custom. The guitar in question was a Fusion Special as already stated. At least going by this scan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post

Late to the party but the Fusion Deluxe had a humbucker in the bridge and a single slanted single coil sized rail humbucker in the neck. At least in 1990 going buy page 18 in this catalog.
                  JacksonCharvel-1990-91-catalog.pdf (ctfassets.net)
                  The Fusion with three pickups was the Custom. The guitar in question was a Fusion Special as already stated. At least going by this scan.
                  Then mine was a custom, but customs also came with two hum's at some point. Doesn't really matter too much. Jackson's XL and PRO's were better anyway just MO Oh, I need to say the charvel 750XL was badass and it was 24-3/4 scale
                  Last edited by john.w.lawson; 07-07-2021, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Then mine was a custom, but customs also came with two hum's at some point. Doesn't really matter too much. Jackson's XL and PRO's were better anyway just MO
                    I think it was the Plus that had two hums. Clear as mud keeping their names straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post

I think it was the Plus that had two hums. Clear as mud keeping their names straight.
                      Yeah, I don't know everything and stuffs on sites with wrong info. I don't have hours to look through cat scans. I just basically go buy what I own or owned and my thoughts are else where sometimes.

Comment

Then mine was a custom, but customs also came with two hum's at some point. Doesn't really matter too much. Jackson's XL and PRO's were better anyway just MO Oh, I need to say the charvel 750XL was badass and it was 24-3/4 scale

The Fusion HH came with dual hums and a mahogany body. That one was sweet. I have a stock Deluxe, PRO, and a Deluxe body with a Fusion PRO neck.

Comment

Working...
                        X