Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I've found a Tulip...
    On my camera.
    In truth It doesn't look much better, I'll share what I got.
    I took some pics of the Neck pocket, The 3 pickups out of the body (kinda)
    and the tuners.
    I don't know the rules regarding numbers of pics per post, I may end up continuing in the next post if need be.

First the Tuners. As I mentioned the "Tangs" have slightly different angles leaving the original mounting holes visible.
    This I expected when I saw the Jackson tuners were not original.

So while functional, are a bit beat up, so I'll keep my eyes open for some Mini Grovers.

More Neck Pocket pics. Not a lot better, but some.
    I cant tell if these a letters, or perhaps Japanese characters .
    You give it a shot. They don't look any better under a magnifying glass either. I tried it. Didn't try Zooming in though, guess I should.

Like I said a little bit better.
    Hope someone can do something with them.

I think I'll start another post for the pickups JIC there is a limit on "pics per post"
    Thanks again.

Comment

And now the pickups.
      The wires are very short so I had to tilt them on edge to see what was what.
      No numbers or stickers on the single coils.
      Here is an Underneath shot of the neck pick up.
      The Middle pickup looks Identical.

I did notice as I was taking them out, they are oriented differently going by the polepieces.
      First the neck.

Now the Middle pickup.

I'm guessing one is turned around the opposite from what it should be.

That leaves the bridge pickup.

Ok. J-90C sticker, Charvel stamped on the base.
      I've read here on the forum that its considered tp be much like a "Duncan Distortion", is that generally agreed on?
      According to the Henrik Website, a J-90, no C, (so a possible pickup change?) came in the 375 Deluxe which leads me to believe that those are J-100's up above, please correct me if I'm wrong...
      about anything!

Wow, I cant believe how big the Dust etc looks when I use the "Tulip" setting!
      Last edited by DJGranite; 02-27-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

oh yeah,
        Anything else I should take pics of while I have this apart?

Comment

Much improved pictures. Good job. The limit is 20 images per post but I'm not sure if it's less than that for Junior Members such as yourself. The forum will automatically let you know if you try to exceed the limit, and it will give you a chance to remove excess images before submitting the post. Smileys also count as images.

I think those neck pocket stamps may be too faded and illegible, at least to me.

Noting wrong with the Jackson tuners. They might even have been original to the BODY, given the age/wear spots on them. Who knows, maybe the owner of the 375 broke its original neck (but the tuners were still totally functional and intact), and replaced the neck with the 2010-11 Pro-Mod neck and reused the tuners from the 375 neck. Anything is possible.

On my Charvel Model 1C, I have two J100 single coils (neck and middle positions). Going by the height of the slug polepieces, your neck pickup is in the same orientation as my two, but your middle pickup is 180°. Is the wire coming off the middle pickup in the same direction as the wire coming off the neck pickup? I can't remember if the pickup covers are easy to remove and flip around, but if needed, you could rotate the middle pickup 180° and the rotate the cover so that the Jackson logo is right-side up relative to the rest of the guitar.

I remember the J90C in my Model 1 (long gone) was a badass pickup, and yes I also read about how it resembled a Duncan Distortion.

You can read about Jackson pickups here: http://charvelusa.com/jackson_pickups.html

Comment

Working...
          X