No announcement yet.

New SKB Charvel Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread bump. I decided my photos above were too useful to let Photobucket kill my hotlinks, so I restored the photos in this thread with working Imgur hotlinks.

Originally posted by Larsson View Post
    thanks so much for those pictures! definitely helps me to make a more informed decision. Interesting that the Jackson Soloist fits into that case, makes me think perhaps the 375 would too...

Really appreciate your input!
    You're welcome. Did you ever get the 1SKB-66 case and did your Charvel 375 fit in it?

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
    With the change to recessed Floyds on the new Charvel guitars, has the case changed at all, or does the original branded SKB case fit both?
    I can't imagine the Floyd/case relationship has changed.

Even though the Jackson Soloist and Schecter C-1 pictured above have neck angles due to the bridge being high off the body, they fit fine.

The fit is also fine with the other guitars that have zero neck angles, such as the Charvel So-Cal, Ibanez RG, and ESP Mirage. The RG and Mirage have recessed Floyd-type bridges with zero neck angle. The So-Cal has a non-recessed Floyd with zero neck angle.

Conclusion: The case should fit most superstrats with most configurations (neck angle or zero neck angle, recessed or non-recessed Floyd).

Comment

A black Charvel case just sold... $25 BIN with $48 shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/222591600195

I'd expect your shipping to run $80+ USD, just keep an eye out on ebay.

I usually get era-matching cases if a guitar didn't come with one, so I'm with you on having original cases.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
      X