Got bored, Charvel got a new finish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    The base plates are identical between the 500 and the 590. All the parts are interchangeable.
    Only difference is the material they're made of.
    Good to know.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      I always use white masking tape to mark the front edges of the saddles before I pull them.
      Never had an issue with re-intonating a bridge when I do that.
      cool, I will give that a go
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I usually lay them out so that they go back on the same strings they came off of. When you swap 1 + 6, 2 + 5, or 3 + 4 sometimes undesirable things can happen.

Comment

Looks like it's begging for some clear coat.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
            It's a GFS Crunchy Rail. I didn't have anything else to throw in it. It's not wired yet, I'm not sure what I'll end up with in it
            Not a bad pup at all. I had one in my Model 2 for a long while and liked it a lot.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

update: Got the 42mm floyd block on, worked like a charm. currently in process of sanding, clear, sanding... making it all nice. will see. This is the first time this guitar has had a working floyd style bridge since the arm tore out back in like 92. the jt6(?) that came on these were pretty weak. in fact this is the first time this guitar has been playable since mid 2000's at least. look forward to being done with the project though.
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Looks awesome, nice job man

Comment

Working...
                  X