No announcement yet.

Got bored, Charvel got a new finish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got bored, Charvel got a new finish...

So I saw some pics of a guitar someone else on here had done using the Krylon glitter paint, so, since I had my Charvel which has been through hell, sitting here with a half assed yellow rattle can paint job, i decided to try it.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ne...tml?sort=3&o=0
    http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ne...tml?sort=3&o=0

I think it turned out fantastic. need to get it wired now, and really need to find a replacement bridge with a 42mm block. i have a FR block on order, but don't know if it'll fit this "jackson" bridge. i have my doubts. not going to spent 200 bucks on anything, so if this doesn't work, then I'm grinding the wood out of there where the springs are. the wood on this thing is in bad shape, it looks pretty, but it's beat up so.. I'm going to make it playable with what i have.

anyway, it turned out great, looking forward to jamming with it now.

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Cool color

Comment

Floyd block should fit that bridge.

Comment

That looks like a JT-590.
        Floyd block will fit it just fine.
        -Rick

Comment

Great job! What's the PUP?

Comment

Needs a maple board and H-H pups now.

And chrome hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
              Great job! What's the PUP?
              It's a GFS Crunchy Rail. I didn't have anything else to throw in it. It's not wired yet, I'm not sure what I'll end up with in it

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Needs a maple board and H-H pups now.

And chrome hardware.
                I agree on the neck, I have no use for a neck pickup though.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  Cool, crossing fingers for sure

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    It's the cheaper JT-500 bridge. Will it take the same block as the Schaller/JT-590?
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      It's the cheaper JT-500 bridge. Will it take the same block as the Schaller/JT-590?
                      I saw someone selling a brass one for the jt-500 and up, and looking at the photos it looks like it's got the screw holes in the same place, so. crossing fingers.

I'm getting nervous about having to re-intonate a floyd style bridge. that'll be a fun process. lol

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                        I'm getting nervous about having to re-intonate a floyd style bridge. that'll be a fun process. lol
                        I just called Chris Holmes and he says you don't really need to bother with that.

Comment

if it is intonated now, make some measurements before hand and this will help you get it close to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            The base plates are identical between the 500 and the 590. All the parts are interchangeable.
                            Only difference is the material they're made of.
                            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                              I always use white masking tape to mark the front edges of the saddles before I pull them.
                              Never had an issue with re-intonating a bridge when I do that.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X