No announcement yet.

Tuners on the MIM Pro Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit surprised that they are not Fender direct replacement spacing. The Headstock is Fender all day and they even come with a sticker on the back stating as such.
    Mine comes with Locking Tuners that I think are not the best quality and have considered replacing, I have a 2013 MIM HS HT model and I'm now wondering if I'm gonna have the same Issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
      I'm a bit surprised that they are not Fender direct replacement spacing. The Headstock is Fender all day and they even come with a sticker on the back stating as such.
      Mine comes with Locking Tuners that I think are not the best quality and have considered replacing, I have a 2013 MIM HS HT model and I'm now wondering if I'm gonna have the same Issue.
      Yes, you will have the same issue. The Fender locking tuners are the same spacing as the non-locking. I purchased the non-locking and the spacing is different. Your best bet, as mentioned above is to go the Hipshot route.
      Good deals with:
      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Is there a way to learn what spacing one has before purchasing new Tuners? I wouldn't mine a higher end set. I do however see value in these Locking models.

Comment

Working...
        X