Lookie what I found... Model 6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    I mostly sneak mine in when the wife's sleeping.
    I did make sure that one she didn't know about was used on stage on a night when I knew she was turning up to a gig. Could see the moment of realisation when she was hanging out with some of our friends. Hand waving, pointing, lip-reading her conversation "Is that a new fucking guitar?!" And she knew that I knew by the shit-eating grin on my face when I approached their table during the break.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Have occasionally snuck one by her but find it's better that I be up-front and take my lumps

The Model 6 was the top of the heap import between 86 & 88. It was replaced in late 88/89 by the Contemporary series 650XL. The new shortscale archtop setneck 750XL then became top dog.

In 86, the Model 6 had a Kahler flatmount trem (the 3310, IIRC?). So that makes yours an 87 or 88. The serial number will tell you. It should look something like C7xxxxx. The C is because it's a neckthru Charvel, the first digit denotes the year of manufacture. The pickups were made by Jackson, not ghostbuilt as some might believe. They are passive, but paired with a JE1200 midboost, hence the need for a battery.

But what else do you want to know?

Since you're knew to the family, you might want to lose a few hours browsing through here: http://audiozone.dk/
      Henrik has amassed quite a collection of Jackson & Charvel catalogues, as well as putting together articles & other resources. Very handy site to have bookmarked
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats on the model 6 - very nice! I have a pair of '87 model 6s. They are great guitars. And welcome to the board!

Comment

Hey
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome. That's a sweet Model 6. I used to have one in black cherry, and I kinda miss it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

​Killer Axe Dude! \m/
              *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
              *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
              *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
              Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
              *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
              *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
              *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
              *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Love the Model series - great gits!

Comment

Nice guitar!

And something I learned with guns-if I only buy all black ones, my wife can't tell the difference! Guess who's got a lot of black guns...

Larry

Comment

Looks incredible. Jealous I am. I gotta learn tricks from you guys about duping the wife

Comment

Congrats ! nice score I love these in white.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I had one in the same color you snagged a nice one for sure.
                        I'm a Westone fan too so hit us up with some pics of what you have.Post in the guitars by other manufactures.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Welcome to the board! Now that you have one you wont be able to stop buying more!

Comment

Working...
                          X