Lookie what I found... Model 6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookie what I found... Model 6...

Hey guys! Just joined. I'm a faithful at other forums.

Quick story...

Was buying a Westone Thunder guitar from a guy. While buying it, the seller told me that he also had a Charvel for sale as well. I didn't know much about Charvel's at the time, but I looked at it anyway. He didn't know what model it was, and neither did I , but looked like a mean shredder of excellent build quality.

Fearing the wrath of my Wife , I didn't buy it. BUT all that night I thought about that Charvel, so I called him back and said I'd buy it. What a GREAT decision that was!!!

I bought it, got it home and did some research, discovered that it's a 1988 Model 6 in Pearl White! With original case.

Here it is...

This thing is almost completely FLAWLESS, hardly looks played at all. Nice big frets, excellent neck, sounds like the Bee's Knees. I love it.

I had to join this forum to share with people that would care.

Great looking axe and a nice score! What did you get her for?
    "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
    ENGL Powerball II
    Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
    Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
    Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
    1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
    1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
    2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
    2011 Jackson DK2M Black
    1987 Charvel Model 2 White
    2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
    1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
    1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
    2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
    2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
    2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
    2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
    2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
    2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
    2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
    1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Welcome. I have a pair of them in red and black.

Comment

I have one that is absolutely identical to that one. I strung it with D'Addario 9.5-44's and it is a tone machine from Hell. It sounds better than any I have ever played and the action is effortless. YOu will love it from now on. Mine is now my number one and I cannot foresee how anything else could get better.

Comment

Nice score!
          How much did she set you back?
          -Rick

Comment

Welcome dude. We definitely care here, that's one beautiful guitar, nice work.

Comment

sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

Thats awesome! i love my 6!

Comment

Thats a beauty. Congrats!
                  Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                  Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Very nice...

I've learned to endure the wrath of the wife. Her wrath only lasts a little while, but I have the guitar forever!!!
                    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                      Very nice...

I've learned to endure the wrath of the wife. Her wrath only lasts a little while, but I have the guitar forever!!!
                      I've found that turning up at her work to share my new acquisitions is the method of choice. She can only seethe to a point in front of her colleagues. By the time she gets home, she's generally cooled down

welcome, the chad. That's a hell of an entry in to the Wonderful World of Charvel. Wonder if it will be your last J/C purchase?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Dude, that is one sweet Charvel... Definitely worth any hell the old lady might give you.

Comment

I swear I recognize that tree.. From the old BCR forum or something.. Anyway, welcome and nice score! I love my Model 6 both before and after the mod.
                          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I've found that turning up at her work to share my new acquisitions is the method of choice. She can only seethe to a point in front of her colleagues. By the time she gets home, she's generally cooled down
                            I mostly sneak mine in when the wife's sleeping.

Comment

LOL! You guys are a trip, sneaking guitars past your Wives, shame on you! I do it too. So ashamed...

I'm a faithful on the Westone forums, I have a thing for old Japanese guitars. What amazing quality. Nowadays you'd have to spend much more to get the same level of work .

This Model 6 will not be the last JC I buy. Nothing like those necks, with those big frets. Love me some jumbo frets. The faster I get on guitar, the more I like jumbos. Been focusing on speed and accuracy.

I'm learning that the Model 6 was one of their higher end models (for the import line, anyhow)? Someone educate me on these things!

Comment

Working...
                              X