NGD. i have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
    BTW you don't have what I would consider a "problem" and I'm willing too bet a lot of others here will agree with me. Nice double score.
    Correct. When you have no J/C guitar, then you have a problem.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by bll View Post
      you're probably right, these are two killer charvels. the 88 sat on atlanta craigslist for two weeks. i ignored it the first time i saw it but when he reposted two weeks later, i just grabbed it, didn't even think twice.

keep in mind i've never seen or touched the 550 that's on the way. the guitar center add gave it 3 stars for condition and said it included case. usually i call the store and ask several questions but this time i just pulled the trigger.
      Dude, that's why I said Wow. You scored two of the most desirable MIJ Charvels in the same NGD post. The 550/650's had floyd nuts. The sparkle is kinda bigger flake and really flashy. 650XLs in Silver or Platinum sparkle regularly sold for $1000+ before the economy tanked. Model 88's were close to that, just because they were mahogany 1 hums with reverse headstocks with sharkies on them. This really is a buyer's market right now.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Straycat,, nice pic of my guitar! ,, ;-)

Comment

YW SATCH I do have to go view that pic from time to time.
          The 88's are special because they are made out of African ribbon mahogany and you can't import that wood any more.
          I have this Chandler body and its ribbon mahogany too.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

and finally the quiver which include the only guitar that holds its own with a charvel, the mighty HM strat, the pink one is a type one and the white one is a type two, which are very rare. the 375 is my knock around/travel guitar. it kicks so much ass and is so solid it is ridiculous, i play it allot!

i won't be moving any volume knobs on the 550 or the 88, hence the stickers on the pink and red guitar. the fender just had a tone removed, the 375 got a hole drilled.

Comment

Sweet!

Some tales of dead sounding 88's.
              Mine isn't.
              How is yours?

Looks like a nice tight grain, light burst...very attractive.

Comment

definitly not dead and is just a hair lighter than the 375.

Comment

I am thinking of moving one of my Model88,, looking for a pro mod Tele in exchange.. They are wonderful guitar but having two, makes no sense as one does not get enough love ....

Comment

Originally posted by bll View Post

and finally the quiver which include the only guitar that holds its own with a charvel, the mighty HM strat, the pink one is a type one and the white one is a type two, which are very rare. the 375 is my knock around/travel guitar. it kicks so much ass and is so solid it is ridiculous, i play it allot!
                    Oh man that pink Strat brings back the memories. I had one with the rosewood fretboard. Modded the Spyder trem with a Kahler trem lock thing. When the arm was hanging down the trem would lock solid like a fixed bridge. Rotate the arm up to use it and the trem would float. Loved it. Eight years later and I'm still sorry I got rid of it.

Comment

hey guys., can someone help me get the 88 posted to the classified section? i suppose you need an amount of posts before that section is avaialable to post in?

anyway, been sleeping on it, and came across a killer high end nylon string so deciding to send the 88, the pink strat and the 375 down the road.

on the 88 i just want to get my money back, will post more details in the for sale section when i get access.

Comment

Take a moment to read the forum rules and you will see how to post a classified add. Good luck.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

or a classified ad
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Platinum membership required.

Comment

hey guys thanks, platinum required, i now know what that means. this one is going to ebay simply because they are running a free listing special to 12/16/12. if it doesn't sell there i will circle back here and upgrade to platinum for the 15.

and on a totally other topic, my silver sparkle 550xl. i came across a killer Gotoh sale on ebay last night. i got the last of this guy's 10 units, if he has the sale again i will alert the forum. the 550 is about to get a gotoh ge1996t, at $110 shipped and brand new i couldn't pass it up. here is probably where someone tells me that is NOT the right tremolo, but i hope not!

thanks again guys, merry christmas and i hope the holidays have allot of guitar time for you and yours

Comment

You're probably better off selling here since you don't get ebay/paypal fees. You'll save your $15 bucks

Comment

Working...
                                X