Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible MIC "b" stock identifier.... Beware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
    No harm, no foul!

My interpretation of b stock vs refurb is mainly limited to guitars, it could very well be different in other realms. I bought a refurb Gateway computer years back, but I have no idea what was done to it, what was wrong with it or who fixed it... all I know is that its been great and I saved hundreds on it. At least with my refurb limited rr24, I know exactly where it came from and who fixed it, which is kinda cool. Its also a good thing beings that even though its friggin killer, the refurb kinda kills the "collectability" of it down the line, so I wont be afraid to play the hell out of it live!
    Yeah, well refubs sometimes get more QC attention than new products. I don't have problems purchasing refurbs or whatever if it's something I want. I want to know it's a refurb though. My espresso machine is a refurb. It only cost $200, but new they're $400-$600. That in turn helped me save a LOT of money. No more daily or twice daily starbucks/peets runs. That's $6-$12 a day that I saved over the course of a year now. I've purchased coffee 3 times since last december. That makes me feel good. I can flavor my own free water... lol

As for guitars, I'm never too worried about scratches and dings. The more you worry about it, the more you're going to stress when that accident happens. It most likely will happen. Gear that gets used tends to show use.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Looking at MIRC's restoration gallery, http://mircweb.com/restoration-gallery.php , it appears they are very skilled at what they do.
      But if i'm buying a MIRC guitar, how do i know it didn't start out like this

lrg-Les-Paul--front-back.jpg
      “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
      X