No announcement yet.

Model 6 Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My binding yellowed nicely too... People like that vintage patina!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      Yeah, as long as the trem and string lock are clean and lightly lubricated, it should hold tune as well as any Floyd.
      I've never found that to be the case. They hold tune somewhere between a good two-point non-locking trem and a Floyd. My problem with Kahlers is that even brand new ones often have problems returning to zero pitch (still in relative tune, but the whole thing is off by a bit). I've found that to be the case even with Kahlers with the heavy-duty spring set. It's a shame, too, because I like the way Kahlers feel and sound.

Comment

Solder and pre-bend the ball ends.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          Solder and pre-bend the ball ends.
          Yep that is what I do as well.
          Making sure the rollers are free is the key to a Kahler staying in tune.Of course the nut cut correctly and lubed is a key part too.
          I have had light and heavy spring kits too and find the light kits return to pitch just fine.
          I find if you locate the string ball end standing up the string is less likely to break.Laying it flat causes the string to lay on part of the ball end creating sort of a break angle before the reaches the string saddle.
          I learned this piece of info from Bill D'Angelo who played in Femme Fatale back in the 80's RIP Bill.
          Last edited by straycat; 08-21-2012, 03:16 PM.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
            I've never found that to be the case. They hold tune somewhere between a good two-point non-locking trem and a Floyd. My problem with Kahlers is that even brand new ones often have problems returning to zero pitch (still in relative tune, but the whole thing is off by a bit). I've found that to be the case even with Kahlers with the heavy-duty spring set. It's a shame, too, because I like the way Kahlers feel and sound.
            I've never had issues with any of the JT-6's I've owned except the worn out ones, and there are a lot of them out there. If it's not the knife edges, it's the posts. JT-6 tend to wear out much more quickly than a Floyd.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X