No announcement yet.

Pro Mods... get them while you can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The single coil on the WC 7 is a STK-1Tn (stacked) and is listed as having a pretty high output on the Duncan website. 15.88k and 7.8 split.

I wonder if they have it wired split and that is why it is so low in output compared to the JB 16k

Unless thats what they wanted it to sound like ( a vintage single coil ), I'd much prefer the higher output.

When I get home I'm going to look and see.

It should be wired with the black to the switch, red/white together and taped off and green/ground to the pot. This is typical Duncan standard humbucking wiring and the stacked single coils from them have the same 4 conductor wiring as their humbuckers.

I know that my Ibanez RG2610 came with a Duncan Full Shred that was wired wrong from the factory...they used the color code from DiMarzio (which is what Ibanez has historically used). I think only one coil was actually working cuz it sounded very thin, I fixed that in about 5 min.
    Last edited by TX-Joe; 05-10-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Well, whatever the WC #7 neck pickup is it's not a STK-1Tn as advertised cuz that has 4 conductor wiring.

The pickup in my 7 is 2 conductor with a ground.

Oh well.

Comment

OEM pickups don't always come the same way as they come aftermarket. The guitar manufacturers same a little money that way. You really need to look at the bottom of the pickup.

Comment

so I may go with the timmons hotrails/ chopper or hotrails....jsut got to get one cheap...
          Last edited by manu80; 05-11-2012, 02:20 AM.
          RR ELITE silver sparkle
          DKMG Bengal
          KV2
          SLSMG
          Charvel Wild Card 6
          Warlock NJ
          Epiphone black beauty

Comment

Just make sure it doesn't have a tab.

Comment

Rich#6 sorry for my ignorance but what do you call a tab, please?
              RR ELITE silver sparkle
              DKMG Bengal
              KV2
              SLSMG
              Charvel Wild Card 6
              Warlock NJ
              Epiphone black beauty

Comment

Single coil sized pickups have a tab/lip where to wiring sticks out. Charvels special orders the pickups to where they don't have tabs the wiring is usually at the end underneath.

Comment

that's what I thought after thinking about it.thx for the confirmation !
                  RR ELITE silver sparkle
                  DKMG Bengal
                  KV2
                  SLSMG
                  Charvel Wild Card 6
                  Warlock NJ
                  Epiphone black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    OEM pickups don't always come the same way as they come aftermarket. The guitar manufacturers same a little money that way. You really need to look at the bottom of the pickup.
                    I looked, it doesn't say. There is usually a little sticker with the model # but they had a pc of cloth tape covering the underneath of the pickup. When I removed the tape there was a blank sticker. No way to really indentify it.

It doesn't matter, I replaced it with a slightly hotter Duncan single coil I had sitting around. It's just slightly hotter yet still single coily!

Comment

Well, i looked that the San Dimas and the So Cal tonight. Didn't get one. I thought the neck would be a little thinner. I don't like them super thin, but my DK2 felt better in my hands. Finish wise, they do look great. The candy blue is freaking awesome in person. The candy red was a little pinkish. I didn't play it through an amp, but it did feel slinky and that trem looks a lot better than the JT580's. I do know one thing, I want something in that candy blue down the road. If i find one used later on, I'd probably buy it.
                      Last edited by jackhamer; 05-12-2012, 10:04 PM.
                      2011 Godin Summit CT
                      2002 Jackson Y2KV USA Flag import
                      2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                      1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                      2000 LTD H-307
                      2003 LTD MH-301
                      2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

IF you played usa models yes the necks are C shaped not D like the DK2. the Japanese ones are more D shaped and feel thinner.

Comment

They were MIJ's.
                          2011 Godin Summit CT
                          2002 Jackson Y2KV USA Flag import
                          2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                          1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                          2000 LTD H-307
                          2003 LTD MH-301
                          2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Am I the only one who finds the SH4 on the wild card too loud/strong ? I just upgraded to a SD Cool rail for the neck and even after that, I still have a huge gap sound between the 2 !! The Cool rail have more punch thet the stock one, but even for a small humbucker, it should deliver and I lowered the bridge PU too but still....
                            RR ELITE silver sparkle
                            DKMG Bengal
                            KV2
                            SLSMG
                            Charvel Wild Card 6
                            Warlock NJ
                            Epiphone black beauty

Comment

It seems there has been some more stock released here in the UK. A few weeks ago most retailers had no Pro-Mods left, but a quick check today I see limited stock at Coda, GuitarGuitar and Richtone.

Comment

Get 'em while they're hot. Maybe it's a special "Olympics" sale?

Comment

Working...
                                X