No announcement yet.

Pro Mods... get them while you can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any issues with pickup height? I read that they are not adjustable.
    2011 Godin Summit CT
    2002 Jackson Y2KV USA Flag import
    2006 Jackson DK2 TB
    1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
    2000 LTD H-307
    2003 LTD MH-301
    2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Originally posted by jackhamer View Post
      Any issues with pickup height? I read that they are not adjustable.
      I replaced my pickups with Full Shreds. When I took my guitar to my tech for a setup, he said the pickup heights were almost perfect as is. He added a dense foam underneath the mount screws to allow for adjustability.

Comment

Thanks. Now i'm G.A.S.ing beyond all belief. LOL. And to make matters worse, I was settling on the Style 1 HH in black or candy blue until I saw that the Primer #7 comes with an original FR. Now what the heck am I supposed to do? Get both? I wish they made the Primer with a maple fretboard. I love ebony, but I don't have a functioning maple board guitar. I guess i'll just have to play them both and decide.
        2011 Godin Summit CT
        2006 Jackson DK2 TB
        1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
        2000 LTD H-307
        2003 LTD MH-301
        2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

The primer comes with the same korea made floyds as all the rest. they list it as an original on some things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackhamer View Post
            Thanks. Now i'm G.A.S.ing beyond all belief. LOL. And to make matters worse, I was settling on the Style 1 HH in black or candy blue until I saw that the Primer #7 comes with an original FR. Now what the heck am I supposed to do? Get both? I wish they made the Primer with a maple fretboard. I love ebony, but I don't have a functioning maple board guitar. I guess i'll just have to play them both and decide.
            Yeah, the pickups are adjustable but not as much as my other Charvels. Reason being is that the Floyd on the #7 is counter sunk and it sits lower than the standard Pro Mods.

My pup height was perfect from the factory too.

I already have two maple boards and had never owned an ebony board before. What sold me on the#7 was the hum/single setup.

If you really like the #7 watch the bay for a dealer that goes by musicpower. He'll on occasion drop the price to $850 shipped.
            Thats what I got mine for and that is with the hardshell case and not the bag like the US models came with.
            Last edited by TX-Joe; 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

there's a used one at the GC by me for 700. 10714031

Comment

There's a few locally between craigslist and a shop. I prefer to see them up close before buying.
                2011 Godin Summit CT
                2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                2000 LTD H-307
                2003 LTD MH-301
                2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
                  I replaced my pickups with Full Shreds. When I took my guitar to my tech for a setup, he said the pickup heights were almost perfect as is. He added a dense foam underneath the mount screws to allow for adjustability.
                  Not to dispute what your tech did, but one of the thhings I like in the San Dimas is that the pickups are directly screwed to the wood, and that to my ears has noticeable tonal advantages. If you put a foam layer underneath then it might have an impact on the tone.

Comment

That is kind of why I was asking. Some threads I read around the web must have been about the pickups being low since they are direct mount and the trem is not recessed. Some folks prefer the pickups to be very close to the strings. It seems like you would want to use a wood shim instead of foam, so there would be hard contact between the pickup and body to allow for some tone transfer.
                    2011 Godin Summit CT
                    2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                    1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                    2000 LTD H-307
                    2003 LTD MH-301
                    2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Just got a white one the other day. It kicks ass. Now I got to figure out how to make the Floyd float properly without a cavity. For some reason the tech at the Sam Ash I got it from had it flushed to the body.
                      I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
                        Just got a white one the other day. It kicks ass. Now I got to figure out how to make the Floyd float properly without a cavity. For some reason the tech at the Sam Ash I got it from had it flushed to the body.
                        Loosen the screws holding the spring claw and tune up until it's level.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          there's a used one at the GC by me for 700. 10714031
                          I got mine NEW from Sam Ash for $699

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Loosen the screws holding the spring claw and tune up until it's level.
                          Yeah. I know how to adjust the spring claw I just forgot how they had the action set-up to get it that high off the body without making the action too dramatic. I think I got it though. Thanks man
                          I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Smokin price man. You got the So-Cal right?
                            2011 Godin Summit CT
                            2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                            1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                            2000 LTD H-307
                            2003 LTD MH-301
                            2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                              The EVH Wolfgang Specials are going to be coming from Mexico. Perhaps the new pro Mods will too?
                              I'm willing to believe that they will be going to Mexico. If the Japanese factory has closed down this would make sense. I'm pretty sure the new Fender Pawn Shop 2.0 stuff is Mexican also. Hope so actually, The MIM Teles and Strats are very good with just a little tweaking to set them to users preferences.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Yeah sad those Jap gems are disappearing.
                                Tomorrow, I will be the proud owner of a PRO MOD wild card 6, the orange one. approx 700 bucks for it. I'm not a strat guy, but those superstart really should do it.Will sell my DBZ BIrd of prey to catch up on money with.
                                Is it normal that the Neck PU isn't aligned with the strings? mistake from them ?
                                RR ELITE silver sparkle
                                DKMG Bengal
                                KV2
                                SLSMG
                                Charvel Wild Card 6
                                Warlock NJ
                                Epiphone black beauty

Comment

Working...
                                X