Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
    Nice post! DS2's rock!!!

They are active but I really dig the voice. They have a "boosted organic" feel to them. IMHO.
    My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Took the DS test drive today and I am impressed great playing guitars don't discount them for being made in China.
      I tested a set neck DS2 and it felt great kinda hefty too.The pick ups sounded pretty good to be honest.
      The DS-1 was hands down a nicer guitar as far as fit and finish love the neck inlays up close.Not too much bling IMO its very tasteful and not gawdy at all.
      The DS -1 was a bit lighter in weight but the Duncan black outs sounded killer which surprised me I don't care for active pick ups in general.
      I put my deposit on the DS-1.
      The matching headstock is a nice touch and gives it a classy look.
      The necks are nice I mean really nice 3 piece oiled mahogany and it feels great.More like a 60's Gibson profile to me.
      The neck thru DS-1 felt great and you can feel the neck vibrate with the body all the way down the neck.Thats a + in my book.
      The ONLY issue with the two I played the vol and tone controls were wired wrong but not a huge deal breaker.A minor pain but not the end of the world.The DS2 had one tone control that didn't work again just a wire not soldered I suppose.
      Really nice guitars for the money IMO.
      Snagged the blue smear DS-1 for $600.00
      Last edited by straycat; 02-10-2012, 02:54 AM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X