Charvel Toothpaste Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Toothpaste Logo

What years did Charvel use the toothpaste logo? Thanks!

1989 - 1991 were the main years for the toothpaste logo, when it appeared on pointy headstocks. The Surfcaster also had the toothpaste logo until they stopped making it (in '93 or '94?), and there were some strats & teles with odd headstocks & a downsized version of it around that time.

Comment

I've asked this question before but never got a solid reply, will the Custom Shop do the toothpaste logo if you ask them for it?
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Hmmm, good question since Charvel isn't -on paper and location- part of Jackson anymore

but seeing Jackson using fender headstocks, it's probably a free licence for them
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I wonder if the CS has ever actually had a request for the Charvel toothpaste logo? It's not much of a "prestige" thing to spend big bucks on.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
            It's not much of a "prestige" thing to spend big bucks on.
            Exactly. I don't like it myself.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
              It's not much of a "prestige" thing to spend big bucks on.
              Well of course not, i was just wondering whether it was an option.

I think the toothpaste logo is waaay better than the guitar logo and looks nicer on pointy headstocks.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

...but pointy headstocks are Jackson's department
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

My bet is, seeing they are both owned by FMIC, you could get a toothpaste logo on a jackson if you break open your wallet enough and let some moths out.
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    ...but pointy headstocks are Jackson's department
                    You can still get Charvels with pointy headstocks.

Originally posted by RD

Comment

For most people who are aware of these things, the guitar logo = USA Charvel glory days, and toothpaste logo = last days of the good Charvel imports. Personally, I've never felt that font looked as good for Charvel as it does for Jackson, though the toothpaste-era ones are a great bargain, since they're typically cheap and come with good trems etc.

Comment

I think they look/rock hard and the quality is GREAT!!!

Probably best bang for your buck if you are looking for a pointy Charvel.

I don't why Ron has a distaste for toothpaste... maybe he had a bad experience brushing teeth at a young age?
                        sigpic
                        Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                          I think they look/rock hard and the quality is GREAT!!!

Probably best bang for your buck if you are looking for a pointy Charvel.

I don't why Ron has a distaste for toothpaste... maybe he had a bad experience brushing teeth at a young age?
                          I think that theyre just talking about the logo, not the guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                            I think that theyre just talking about the logo, not the guitars.
                            Don't think too hard...
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

i'm with the big guy on this one , the Charvel toothepaste logo never did anything for me
                              JMHO
                              but it represents the beginning of a downward spiral for the brand that was not ressurected for a long time
                              and as far as i'm concerned they should put it on the new Chivels
                              “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                              X