No announcement yet.

New Charvel Wildcard #6 - change of pace and new colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Candy Tangerine... we've done the color on two other platforms. It's not red at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      I hate middle pickups. You have about 5,000 guitars to pick from that have middle pickups, let me have a few H/S.
      It's all subjective, but I don't get the hate for middle pickups some folks have. If a person digs in so much that they hit the pickup (like I used to do), then some technique changes are in order. Jazz III picks help work wonders in that area.

BTW, the neck/middle pickup position on my Dead Calm Aqua Wildcard is awesome.

Oh yeah, since Bionic is on here: can you give any insight as to why the direct mount pickup routs are being cut so shallow on the current Pro-mods? There is zero adjustment range on my Dead Calm Aqua. I added another shim in the neck pocket on mine to lower the pickup height.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
        It's all subjective, but I don't get the hate for middle pickups some folks have. If a person digs in so much that they hit the pickup (like I used to do), then some technique changes are in order. Jazz III picks help work wonders in that area.
        Or, they can buy an HH or H/S guitar and continue to use the same technique, because no technique change is really in order unless they want to play a guitar with a middle pickup.

By the way, I also hate Jazz III picks.

Comment

I use Jazz IIIs and I still hit the middle pickup but it don't bug me.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Should be this.

CT is one of those colors that really picks up the hue of the surrounding colors.
            On a whiter background, it really pops.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
              Chrome hardware sounds better..
              Not a topic that gets a lot of discussion, but I tend to agree. Guitars that I've had with black bridges often sound better with chrome ones. Subtle, yes, but it happens sometimes.

Sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Bravo to Charvel for doing something different!!! I think it's great that they are changing it up, especially with the hardtail. I hope they continue to try different configurations and options on these.

Unfortunately I don't like the looks of this one at all. I really wish their hardtail looked like the one that Carvin uses. For some reason I like that one a lot more. I also think a hardtail would look much better on a dinky body. It's too bad that the photo made that guitar look totally red because it looks awful. Looking forward to more/better pics.
                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  Not a topic that gets a lot of discussion, but I tend to agree. Guitars that I've had with black bridges often sound better with chrome ones. Subtle, yes, but it happens sometimes.

Sully
                  +1 Maybe more perception than reality, but I agree, too.

Plus chrome just looks better. Chrome is classic.

Comment

I'm pretty much "over" black hardware. I'm really glad they chose to do chrome on the San Dimas Style Japanese Pro Mod. I wish they'd do it on the SoCal too.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post

Sully
                      I guess it's possible that the lower quality of bridge can be covered with the dark paint?
                      Or the chroming process changes the bridge properties?

I'm not sure how it works.
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The chroming process aligns the tone gnomes.

Comment

Cool axe. I'd dig a chrome floyd and agree with some of the other more nit-picky things, but nothing that's a show-stopper. Nothing I couldn't remedy on my own.

Nice though - a little "outside the box" thinking.

Comment

PERFECTION for me as well!! Will change the pickup to a SD Distortion. Apart from that perfect config.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                              Should be this.
                              The above is almost perfect. I really like that color with a maple fretboard.

It's cool they are doing some different things, even if hardtail isn't my thing. Then again vintage trem really not my thing either, but I have a guitar with 1 of those as well.
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Exactly what I`m looking for except it looks awful!

Comment

Working...
                                X