No announcement yet.

New Charvel Wildcard #6 - change of pace and new colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cany tangerine is the best color so far. I wish I hadn't sold my CT socal.

Comment

Done.
      I sold off about 4 low end pieces lately so this is a nice replacement.

Can't wait.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
        The switch to a black bezel to those who don't like the cream one would set you back about $5. The switch to a cream single coil cover for those who think that would look better will set you back about $3. I personally think Mike is doing some listening to the opinions here and on other forums and throwing something different at us featuring things that a lot of people have asked for. The pic doesn't really show the color very well if in fact it is candy tangerine. It looks like dark red metallic in the photo but for those who have seen their candy tangerine, it is very much orange.
        I agree on the color.

It needs a double-creme Tone Zone to go with that $3 cover but I think this one is a winner in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightstorm View Post
          I'm not a fan of the Fender style headstock. I like Charvels that have unique headstock designs.
          :think:

You like the Sears/Ballsack headstocks?
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Awesome!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

WANT. Perfect Charvel to me. It's hard loving Charvels and having no use for Floyds...

Comment

Nice to see a hardtail!
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm gonna go with ... I dig it. Zebra with black single, hard tail and matching headstock... Chrome hardware sounds better..and walla... my favorite color.... wonder why we did this one... hmmm Oh.. I kept the proto!

Ad yet another Charvel to my collection... (no paycheck again!)

Comment

I agree with the black pickup ring sentiments, but other than that, this thing fuggin kills.

Edit : Actually looking at it more, I think it needs a Chrome pickup ring to match the hardware...
                    Last edited by Hellbat; 03-18-2011, 11:53 AM.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Looks-wise, not my cup of tea at all. I'm just not a fan of most red guitars. But even if I look past that, the zebra pickup and cream ring look really out of place. I wonder if black hardware might look better.

Function-wise, needs a middle pickup IMO. I used to be a big fan of H/S layout until I really started using positions 2 & 4 on a Strat. Now, I gotta have a middle single. Otherwise, I'd rather just have a humbucker in the neck.

BTW, is it possible to add a cover to Duncan stack pickups? They aren't built like normal single coils.

Comment

I hate middle pickups. You have about 5,000 guitars to pick from that have middle pickups, let me have a few H/S.

Comment

I think these will sell pretty well. I know I said I don't like Candy Tangy - I don't. But you know - if you like that color - and a lot of people do - it does look killer with the painted headstock. I thought the Candy Tangy looked real good on the SD1 with the rosewood board as well.

Still - white with a matching head, black with a matching head... man I would have nabbed that in an instant - even with the poser neck single coil.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Looks-wise, not my cup of tea at all. I'm just not a fan of most red guitars.
                            It's orange. The picture just sucks. This is the 4th time they have used this color so google it to see how not red this finish is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                              This is the 4th time they have used this color so google it to see how not red this finish is.
                              Ah, but it is the first time they've used it on the MIJ line. This might be more like Candy Mandarin Orange.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                                I'm gonna go with ... I dig it. Zebra with black single, hard tail and matching headstock... Chrome hardware sounds better..and walla... my favorite color.... wonder why we did this one... hmmm Oh.. I kept the proto!

Ad yet another Charvel to my collection... (no paycheck again!)
                                Can you post some better pics of the color from the proto?
                                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X