No announcement yet.

Hey, I got a quicky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these are metal guitars? Dammit, I thought it was my fault my playing is shit in my classic rock cover band - turns out I've been using the wrong guitars for the genre. Although they do seem to do much better on the "You Really Got Me" type stuff.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Uli Roth, Tipton, Murray, Smith, Malmsteen, Mars, & others have used Fender Strat's as Metal Axes.
      Those Strat's weren't designed for Metal.
      Ive seen Lynch play a Tele, Sykes play a Les Paul, & understand Stevie Ray had a Charvel neck on one of his axes.

If a Jackson/Charvel has a comfortable feel, by all means make it work for your style.
      Models
      The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
      I dont need furniture.
      If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
      If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
      And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
        Uli Roth, Tipton, Murray, Smith, Malmsteen, Mars, & others have used Fender Strat's as Metal Axes.
        Those Strat's weren't designed for Metal.
        Ive seen Lynch play a Tele, Sykes play a Les Paul, & understand Stevie Ray had a Charvel neck on one of his axes.

If a Jackson/Charvel has a comfortable feel, by all means make it work for your style.
        Agreed. Also, most tone comes from the amp and the hands.
        RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
        My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

Originally posted by savatage View Post
          Haha, Right buddy. . .

Because the way they are wound, hum vs. singles, Warmth vs dark, Not to mention Wood types have different tonal qualities.

I suppose if all you are looking for is a high gain tone, then yes it doesn't matter. Distort the PUP's and your amp.

But I do everything from (Clean side) Classical, to blues, to rock, I learned how to play guitar by playing metal.(dirty side) Some people have different needs, and different style.

Personally, i like getting my hollow body to start phasing from the right amount of feedback, amp to amp echo, But i cant play into the higher frets because the cut-way isn't low enough.
          I like LP's, Not a big strat fan, but i would play one if the price was right...... (ha)

Truth be told, this guitar was at a good price, and I got a 25 watt vintage tube amp, and a crappy metal zone pedal (I didnt care @ the time). 100 bucks. Couldn't beat it. So I enjoyed it, learned how to set up a floyd, fixed it a few times, and then this time i just took the plunge and I really like it.

Your criticisms humor me more than anything, nice to meet you.
          Last edited by Lizardkinged; 01-26-2010, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savatage View Post
            +1
            "What solace lies in the arms of fate"

Comment

Working...
            X