NGD - USA Hamer Blitz with crowns and Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
    I'm thinking of refinishing the guitar since the front is really beat. How does black with white or yellow bezels sound?
    Do a Mick Mars tribute and go bengal!

Comment

if its old enough that they still used the ink stamp serial # you might just want to do the body. dont remember when they changed to a stamped into wood serial, but i know it was around that time. pups should be duncans

Comment

The serial is definitely inked, and if I were to do a refin, I would leave the headstock alone

Comment

Man I like that one a lot.Kind of an odd bird there.High end inlays on a lower end Hamer very cool.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

actually those are lower end only in the way that an old Jackson Rhoads or Soloist "Student" was lower end. it's the same guitar "build" but less frills. That's a fine guitar. If the floyd is well maintained, and the neck is in good shape w/high quality tuning gears that thing will be (is) a monster.

Congrats. fun little "project" there.
            just keep the stuff you take off if it's original.
            Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
            98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Actually, I don't think that anything is original on the guitar. The trem is a Schaller, not a Hamer Schaller. The pickups don't look like Dimarzio slammers, and they aren't labeled at all. The tuning keys are locking Grovers. Anyhow, it will be a cool project - white w/black bevels maybe. It does play great, and with a little makeover, can be an eyecatching firebreather.

Comment

that's very nice but I prefer the full-sized explorer body.

looks like a 90% size body to me?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                X