NGD - USA Hamer Blitz with crowns and Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - USA Hamer Blitz with crowns and Floyd

I got this one in trade over on the Hamer Board. 1987 USA Hamer Blitz, but it has some non Blitz appointments such as a hockey stick headstock where most Blitz's are 3 on a side. 24 fret fingerboard with crown inlays (most rare as Blitz's have dots). Plus a Schaller. Changed out the tuning keys to Grover lockings. The pickups are unknown, but they will probably be changes. The neck is thin, but ok for now. Let the explorer's shine!!!

Sweetness...

Comment

very cool...I like the Gibby style head on this one more than Hamers 3+3 design
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

DAMN thats sweet. does the headstock have the bevelled lower edge or is it flat. Hamers of that era had factory duncans.

Comment

Cool. Why is it a blitz and not a standard?
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Cool. Why is it a blitz and not a standard?
            Standards either have pickguards like regular explorers or bound bodies w/figured top. The Blitz were the "lower end" models, where the bodies are usually 3 piece mahogany and the pickup selector is by the controls to save "routing" time.

Still, all in all, a really nice guitar.

Comment

Very cool guitar. I have a Steve Steven about that year, great guitars. Congrats.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

I'm thinking of refinishing the guitar since the front is really beat. How does black with white or yellow bezels sound?

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                  I'm thinking of refinishing the guitar since the front is really beat. How does black with white or yellow bezels sound?
                  That is killer, congrats. I vote black w/white!
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Very cool, Pete! I also vote black and white.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool! I vote for black/white. Also, what scale is it?
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                        Very cool! I vote for black/white. Also, what scale is it?
                        It's 24.75 - Gibson scale. I strung it up with .009's not knowing, and the strings are way loose. Other than that, a really cool guitar so far.

Comment

Goddamn dude, that is sexy as fuck.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have a gibson explorer, which I love, but I do wish mine had a floyd...
                            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I really like that one, Pete.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X