No announcement yet.

YJM Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is that I really like his warm smooth tone, and I noticed he uses the neck pickup alot, and I want that same smooth warm tone, which is better?
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Be aware that the YJM is NOT a high-output pickup. And to that end, the HS-3 isn't really a fire-breather either.

Part of Malmsteen's tone is using a low-output pickup, boosting the signal with something like a DOD OD-250 and then feeding that signal into an early '70's metal-front Marshall (often times a 50 watt head from what I've read.)

So if you want a tone like his, you might consider all of that.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Yea that's what I read. Well not that, but the reviewer of the pickup said it was low output.
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
          Malmsteen himself has said (closing remark in one of his earlier instructional videos) that the scalloping makes the guitar harder to play, not easier....
          I once saw a clip on youtube (don't think it was from a instructional video) where Yngwie says this and while saying it I got the impression of that he also meant "I'm Yngwie, aka God, so this is no problem for me"

Comment

Working...
          X