X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    I thought these were basswood.
    they are lol
    Last edited by sean1197; 08-26-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Hissssssssssssssssssssss

Had a JEM and I hated it. Cheap. Thin tone. Too thin of a neck. Crappy woods used.
      They are "pretty" that's it. Plug one into a naked amp with no effects and see what kind of tone you get from one. Pathetic. You need to process the hell out of them to get any kind of respectable sound.

You can barely call the guitars Vai uses a JEM - he has special tension free necks made, puts sustainers in some, gets the best woods that the others don't etc... They are highly modified.

I have yet to hear an Ibanez that has the tone of a Soloist.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Had a funny feeling from that thread title it would be an Ibeenhad.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
          Hissssssssssssssssssssss

Had a JEM and I hated it. Cheap. Thin tone. Too thin of a neck. Crappy woods used.
          They are "pretty" that's it. Plug one into a naked amp with no effects and see what kind of tone you get from one. Pathetic. You need to process the hell out of them to get any kind of respectable sound.

You can barely call the guitars Vai uses a JEM - he has special tension free necks made, puts sustainers in some, gets the best woods that the others don't etc... They are highly modified.

I do most of my playing straight into an amp (Soldano SLO100)with no effects, etc. While my Jems sound different than my Jackson SL2H, they still sound great to me. I'm due for a flamin', so while I'm at it, my ESP M-II deluxe sounds mighty fine, also. Seriously, I will always have a Jackson USA,,,,,I'd love another soon.......but I have others that are faves, too,,,,,and just play and sound fantastic, and that includes Japanese Ibanez and ESP.

Comment

Hissssssssssssssssssssss

honestly i only got a ibanez to play in standard tuning and i dont play that many songs in standard but its nice to have one for goofing off my 2 mij jacksons sound way better and play way better but for the price its not bad the only thing i love alot about it is the trs lo pro thing cuts circles around my jt500 on my rx10d and i was too anxious to save for a 4 or 500 doller dx series

Comment

Originally posted by sean1197 View Post
              i finally got it
              Now where have I seen those inlays before?
              Oh yeah... thats why I hate Ibanez.
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I love my old RG 550 it is one solid player and has awesome tone straight into an amp.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hissssssssssssssssssssss

Post of the motha fuckin year right here. Thank you. I agree 10000000000000000%.
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

The necks on these are slightly different from the wizard IIs and it makes a world of difference to me. So much better, a little thicker and not as wide by a milimeter or 2.I wish I had never sold the ex I bought, but I only bought it to try and part it out and make a few bucks.
                    they are lol
                    That's what I thought.
                    It was made out a weird body wood, cant remember the name of the wood

Comment

Congrats on the Ibanez purchase. Next to Charvel/Jackson, Ibanez is the best guitar for the money IMHO.

My Ibanez PGM 301, 401 and RG re-issues have tone that is EVERY BIT as good as my Jacksons. I agree on the Jem though, the ones I've played didn't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                        Now where have I seen those inlays before?
                        Oh yeah... thats why I hate Ibanez.
                        My friend has a high end Ibanez, a discontinued Ibanez RGT42DXFMT or something like that, his is the blue flamed maple one. It's gorgeous. It has abalone inlays, and when you look at it in the right light, you can see a perfect shark fin inlay. One part (the shark fin) is darker, and the other part that sticks out on top to make it different is a lot lighter.

Comment

Hissssssssssssssssssssss

Not sure what Jem you played but my 770, 550, JCustom ALL blew away my SL-1 for a fraction of the cost. That's why I sold it.

Personally I love the thin Wizard necks alot more than the sticky when you play painted and fat Soloist neck.

BUT before y'all flame me, my main axe is still my 90 Jackson USA Fusion. Nothing compares to my Fusion.
                          07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Originally posted by sean1197 View Post
                            they are lol
                            Damn When i sold it a few years ago there I found a catalog scan that showed it was some wood that was abundant in Korea. I'll be damned if I could find it now. It's been about 6 years since i sold it.
                            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Nice pics
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow....all you Jackson lovin Ibanez hate`n dudes!!! To add a little balance to this,i`ll take Ibanez over Jackson all day long. I wonder if there`s alot of hate for Jackson over at the Ibanez forums?

Comment

Working...
                                X