No announcement yet.

Fav. non Jackson/Charvels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Mikernaut2. I also have a Rico Jr. Jekyll - custom build so it is not a standard model.

They don't come any better.

But there are lots of nice guitars out there regardless: Hamer, Robin.

I am suprised nobody has mention Suhr - their new Modern is well regarded.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

For me its one level UP from Charvel/Jackson.. GMW!
        Dont flame me! GMW's are really only about 25% better built.

Last edited by Robert Burns; 07-01-2009, 04:03 AM.

Comment

I love my Agile LP copy. Looks good, plays good, sounds good.

ESPs (on the strength of their reputation alone... never fully test driven one)
          Schecters (my C-1 Classic is awesome)

Other than these brands, I would just go full out custom.

- Leo.

Comment

Hamer. Bar none the best guitars I've ever played. And they can be had extremely reasonably on the used market.

Comment

My '96 trans purple Peavey Wolfgang artchtop with floyd/D tuna. (best sounding guitar I ever owned)

My '96 USA Fender "Floyd Rose Classic" Strat in vintage white /w maple board, pearloid pickguard and treble boost.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Jackson are the best but i do like some gibsons and fenders. I also like the BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner stealth and lastly i like the look of ESP but they have so few guitars that are their or design
                Immune From Those Who Stood High And Breathed The Sky, An Opinion From Below, AND FROM ABOVE!!

Comment

Well I like several brands more than J/C: PRS and GMW build consistently better guitars IMO. There are tons of great brands out there.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I always thought the original Parker Fly was incredible.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I don't know, I don't really play much of anything else. I have a Strat an an Explorer and a Gibson The Paul II (I hate that one) but even though the Strat, amazingly enough, nails that Strat tone I need sometimes, and the Explorer is absolutely crushing tone-wise for playing any kind of metal, especially thrash, I don't find myself playing them all that often.

I'm not really a C/J "fanboy" and I'm sure there are plenty of other equivalent and better playing/sounding/built instruments out there, but since I'm really into "Super Strats" and Charvel/Jackson does that pretty well, I'm getting what I need from Charvel/Jackson and not really looking elsewhere so much.

Comment

Give me the ESP/Ibanez's!

Comment

These are a few of my non J/Cs...Some 70s, 80s, 90s...all great stuff

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xbolt View Post
                            These are a few of my non J/Cs...Some 70s, 80s, 90s...all great stuff

Nice collection! I've had several Robins over the years. Great guitars Nice Nightswan and ESP as well.

Comment

BC Rich Gunslingers -- the old ones. I miss mine. The necks were the micest of any I've ever owned.

Comment

My faves that aren't Jackson or Charvels, would have to be either Grover Jackson or Jackson Stars
                                Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                                Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Working...
                                X