David vs Goliath or suicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dmitry Sushkov View Post
    You probably did not understand. The reason when we buy any expensive thing - we're thinking that that thing made from highest quality materials and without economy on materials. If you have money for very expensive oak table, will you buy it if you will find that he is laminated from thin wood pieces? NO!
    That's a bit of a leap don't you think?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Agree with a lot of this - but I think the wood has a primary tone, that's different from other wood - i.e. Alder vs. Ash. Byond that, whether its two or three pieces - done right, I don't think it matters.
      That's right. That's why I didn't mention the type of wood used. We're just talking about whether eliminating a couple of glue joints makes for a better guitar, and in my opinion, it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
        That's right. That's why I didn't mention the type of wood used. We're just talking about whether eliminating a couple of glue joints makes for a better guitar, and in my opinion, it doesn't.
        I'd like to try a 1/2 ash, 1/2 alder strat.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          I'd like to try a 1/2 ash, 1/2 alder strat.
          I've had 2 ash bodied guitars, and they were both fantastic. Ash is very punchy, but well rounded. It's great for midrange.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
            I've had 2 ash bodied guitars, and they were both fantastic. Ash is very punchy, but well rounded. It's great for midrange.
            I've got a really light Ash strat. Its got 50s Custom Shop singles in it now. Really, really bright sounding. Punchy yes, but bright. I'm going to be dropping in a Super Distortion at the bridge and see how it does. Right now the neck pickup is spot on, the in between positions are great - but I just need more crunch from a lead pickup.
            Blank yo!

Comment

have a remark!
              here is the very begining of this story
              Here is a little more background (from Sushkov):

The story.

One guy from Russia ordered a Jackson Custom Shop masterbuilt guitar from their American dealer the MusicZOO guitar shop. When he got the guitar he posted a review at the popular russian forum guitarplayer.ru

On the first page I asked him WHY he waited one and half years and paid FORTY-SIX HUNDRED AMERICAN DOLLARS, when our custom shop can make it FASTER, BETTER, more than 2 times CHEAPER - and with REAL WARRANTY! (Now Shamray is the authorized service-center of MUZTORG and perform service for Fender-Jackson, Gibson and more other guitars distributed by MUZTORG, but that guy got his Jackson "grey market" from New York, not from the official Jackson distributor in Russia. So while he didn't pay any custom fees and taxes - in truth he really has NO WARRANTY AT ALL!!!).

As is common on Russian guitar forums, some people started to attack me. 'Jackson is a NAME BRAND', 'He has maximum possible QUALITY CONTROL', 'That guitar was made by legendary Mike Shannon' (actually a certificate wasn't included in case) etc, etc, etc...

I told them all that I would love to build an 'identical' guitar for comparison with the original Jackson. Let's compare ALL the factors - not just "brand name", but quality, sound, customer support, build time and price.

Then one guy said that he wants to order a copy of that Jackson from us... I calculated him guitar for about $2100 and the order was confirmed March 21. I ordered a very nice maple top and chrome Original Floyd Rose from USA in April and by May I started work on this guitar. Next week I want to complete!

Soon, the owners will compare their beauties and make some sound samples for public vote. I know that our quality is better! And sound will be the same, because I used similar materials and the exact same pickup set.

Shamray WILL WIN with price, customer support and warranty...
              the other shit is here http://theguitarcustomshop.com/index...iewtopic&t=594
              I want to ROCK!!! with:
              Jackson Custom Shop Dinky '08
              Jackson Sl2h-MAH '04
              Jackson PC-1 '07
              Gibson Les Paul Classic '01
              Fender Japan Stratocaster '88
              Vigier Excalibur Original '97
              Ostap Custom Tele
              Frankenstein Strat (self made)
              DIY Tele

Comment

Shamwow video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lty54...e=channel_page

Comment

I want i want

Comment

Originally posted by KyuzoGuitarist View Post
                    have a remark!
                    here is the very begining of this story

Shamray WILL WIN with price, customer support and warranty...
                    Sorry, I forgot built time.

Comment

I'm all for independent luthiers, but I don't agree with attacking this guy's choice of getting a Jackson in order to get your name some more recognition.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Id rather have the Jackson for the name alone. But I'm fairly shallow about brand recognition.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                          I saw the same shop's version of a Dime Stealth. Cool stuff. And yes, If I could get a cheapo version of a soloist I might bite. But the quality has to be there too. It can't just be the Rondo equivalent of a Jackson, It has to have real quality with a cheaper price.
                          I'm not following you on the "Rondo" comment.

Those Agile guitars are pretty damn good fuckin quality. Well except for the electronics . But seriously, the Agiles chew up and spit out just about every guitar in their price bracket, as well as more than a few that are well out of their price bracket ...cough....cough....epiphione....cough...cough... ..some Gibsons....BIG cough and clear throat.....
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

It is a nice looking guitar, the only thing "wrong" with it is the logo... it's not Jackson! Seriously, though all the guitars they build do look really sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                              I'm all for independent luthiers, but I don't agree with attacking this guy's choice of getting a Jackson in order to get your name some more recognition.

That's the problem right there. You come on a Jackson website, talking shit about Jackson, trying to build up your own stuff. Well, all you really accomplish in the end is looking like a huge douchebag. Kinda funny really.

Comment

he-he-he
                                Finally I heard Shamray replica...
                                you know, it sounds like Shamwow definitely.
                                No miracle happened!
                                Jackson is the best!
                                I want to ROCK!!! with:
                                Jackson Custom Shop Dinky '08
                                Jackson Sl2h-MAH '04
                                Jackson PC-1 '07
                                Gibson Les Paul Classic '01
                                Fender Japan Stratocaster '88
                                Vigier Excalibur Original '97
                                Ostap Custom Tele
                                Frankenstein Strat (self made)
                                DIY Tele