No announcement yet.

Another Gibson Flying V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's very very cool (other than the stupid looking truss rod cover).
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
      ARGGGHHH !!! Stop all this guitar talk !!! Can't you guys find a forum that's dedicated specifically for guitars and the guitarists that enjoy them ??? um .. oh yeah .. carry on ... sorry *
      Our next thread will be about the design and manufacture of a splint for broken pussies!
      "POOP"

Comment

I can't comment about the V, but the Explorer has a true baseball bat of a neck. It reminds me a lot of the '68 Les Paul Custom.
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Dinky93 View Post
          If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?
          I would imagine that each model probably costs the same. I bought my Explorer back in 2001 and total cost including shipping was $1625. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they weren't less.
          "POOP"

Comment

The MSR on the V's and Explorers at the time was $3,134 according to Blue Book Publications so it sounds like you did fine. I don't know how much you can automatically knock off the MSR on Gibsons for real world pricing though. The price I paid was basically on par with what the Flying V Customs with Les Paul appointments are going for. I couldn't tell if it was a good price or bad, there is no pricing history available but it seemed justifiable to me. If I am buried then so be it, I didn't buy it for resale.

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
            I would imagine that each model probably costs the same. I bought my Explorer back in 2001 and total cost including shipping was $1625. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they weren't less.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonelover View Post
              The MSR on the V's and Explorers at the time was $3,134 according to Blue Book Publications so it sounds like you did fine. I don't know how much you can automatically knock off the MSR on Gibsons for real world pricing though. The price I paid was basically on par with what the Flying V Customs with Les Paul appointments are going for. I couldn't tell if it was a good price or bad, there is no pricing history available but it seemed justifiable to me. If I am buried then so be it, I didn't buy it for resale.
              Well I dont know about custom shops, but MSRP for new LP standards is 3449, I believe. Depending on where you buy one, "street price" is usually about 60% of that.
              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X