my new ibanez iceman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 777 View Post
    Nice score Mark! Icemans are cool, but I had to change the pups also in my PS10-2. JB/jazz combo really made it come to life............

Nice!!!! Where's the Jackson Axe Bass? Nice set!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      i put the graphite saddles on myself. i was a bit of a pain, but it didn't take too long. maybe half an hour including setting the intonation. maybe the tailpiece is a schaller!! i don't remember..it has been in the parts drawer forever!! hahahaha

i played it at rehearsal tonight. WHOA!!!! it OWNS!!! the sounds were thick and creamy, but i could still get a GREAT clean sound.

the upper fret access is BETTER than on my soloists. i usually don't play way up high on the neck, but i have this one lead where i am up in 19th -22nd fret area. i usually play my holoflake SL-1 on that song and i struggle to play fast in that area. NOT on the iceman. it was effort-less.

i was happy. the band was happy. i have found a new stage guitar!!!
      Nice. I'll have to seek out a set of those saddles.
      And, yes, it is a Schaller tailpiece on there.

Here's the Gibson TP6.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn that thing rules.
        There is one hanging on the wall at one of the music stores I hit every week.
        Guess I have to play it.
        Come to think of it, I think they have two.
        One looks larger than the other.
        Did they make a 7/8ths' scale Iceman at one point?
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

they made these "mini" iceman and destroyer guitars for a while. i always thought the smaller ones looked kinda corny. mine is the full-sized iceman. it is a bit big compared to a dinky (which is what i am used to playing), it is also MUCH larger than the jackson firebirds i used to have, but it is not cumbersome. i have a hamer vector flying V and the iceman reminds me of playing that....if that makes sense.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

wow that is a good deal u got and with the upgrades it looks killer.

Comment

At one time, I owned 6 Iceman guitars, but never had a bolt-on IC300. Had 2 1978 "korina" ash IC300s, a 1978 IC400, 1994 IC500, 1996 ICJ1000WZ, and a 1995 (I believe it was a 1995) PS10-2.

The IC500 was and still is my favorite. I sold all of the others. An SD Custom works great in the bridge of an Iceman.......that's what I have in the IC500.

I don't care about Sam Totman, but do like his Iceman sig....especially cool in that it is 25.5" scale length (as far as I know).

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                KISS army in tha house...
                You'd better believe it.

Let's march and sing "I love it loud"

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                  You'd better believe it.

Let's march and sing "I love it loud"

well i was thinking something along the lines of unholy! or let me go rock n roll

Comment

I love those shcaller bridges ever since I got my KBRR I got rid of all my guitars with Floyds. it's opened a new area of guitars I liked before but hated the bridge, that I can get into now like an LP or a Firebird, & some BC Rich models as well. Great score also Mark.
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                    X